Beaver Hunting?

Well beaver season ended yesterday. After spending hours on google earth scouring for beaver dams on every stream and creek within a 2 hour drive, I found every location to be washed out. I can't say I'm surprised as the google earth images were mostly from 2015, but I assumed beavers would still be in the area even if old dams no longer existed. Anyways, I resorted to walking the banks on the larger rivers and finally found several beavers, although they never came close enough to the bank to get a shot. Nonetheless, it was fun watching the beavers swim around slapping the water with their tails. I guess Next season I'll get out before the snow piles up and get into the colonies I've found in the past. Thanks to everyone who shared advice. I never expected to have so much trouble with beaver and learned a lot from the comments.

Beaver season is year-round.......just sayin.....couldnt resist
I don’t chase beaver anymore. That’s all I used to do in my younger days and had some pretty wild encounters! In fact if you’re not careful you might end up having a run in with a cougar. Anyway it just leads to too much trouble and it’s best left to the younger guys.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back