Bear mount

Nightwolf

This is a bear i shot last year near Fairbanks Alaska. It was 6 foot bear. I shot it with my bow. My first bear with a bow! His skull will be ranked P&Y. I'm a little upset how the mount turned out becaust he bear looks juveniale to me now. I reviewed the video i took of me taking this bear; The bear looked a lot bigger. I'm beginng to think wil never do a life size of another animal again. My bear rug turned out better. It give a better representation of how large the animal was. Mind you my bear rug square 7' 2" but still his head looked more appropriate. Oh well i guess i'm just being picky. i will try to figure out a way to post the video of me taking this bear.

Attachments

• P1010028.jpg
    P1010028.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 236
  • P1010037.jpg
    P1010037.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 228
Nightwolf...nice lookin bear...heck, mounts are funny...one of my shoulder mount whitetails came back and I thought the same thing...but it's still a great reminder of a great hunt!
Funny thing, animals on the ground are like fish stories...we may remember them a lil differently than actual...btw...thats a nice fish you're holding in your pic...how wide do you hold your arms when telling the story?...(LOL...just givin ya some sh@t so u'll think better about your bear)

When you take something to the taxidermits, have him measure it in front of you so you can both agree. That bear would look bigger if it were groomed better. Bears aren't usually that slicked down.

Ted Who mounted that for you? Did you not shop around for a taxi?

Back