Bear hunting cost?

captaincoot

My big brother called today and we got to BSing about black bear hunting I never hunted them and he said he hunted in Canada and it cost 3000+. Is that the actual cost or would that be on the high side/better hunting area premium place? Was 4 day room and license.

I think a Montana NR spring tag is right around $300. Add in your accommodations and travel expenses and you have your price. If camping you should be able to get in for under $1500 easy. Less if you split fuel costs with your brother.

I think a Montana NR spring tag is right around $300. Add in your accommodations and travel expenses and you have your price. If camping you should be able to get in for under $1500 easy. Less if you split fuel costs with your brother.

We want to do something together and he said bear hunting. Guess the price was surprising to me, but put that way seems about right. 1000 bucks don't go very far anymore:) Are All the four legged animals about the same cost or more?

I really couldn't tell you. I'm from OK but had looked into OTC Montana bear last spring. I'm sure it's all on their website.

I've never hunted in Canada, but if I remember hearing correctly that some areas/units etc require a guide.

In MT you can get a spring or fall bear non resident tag for 350 bucks. Add in fuel from home, food etc I'd say a pair of guys or add in a third and you would be well under 3000 for everything. If your are set on Canada make sure passports are up to date and check with the laws for traveling across borders with firearms etc. May be some fees but again I'm not 100%.

I just came back from northern Maine on a 7 day 6 night diy hunt on 2 baited sights for $ 1100.00 plus $ 200.00 for license.

Maine is a very good bear option I have had a lot of friends that have went up there and did well for around $1,000 bucks.

I've hunted Canada for bear quite a few times. For the provinces worth hunting...meaning British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, that $3000.00 is about right. Maybe even a little on the low side. Most of the really premium bear destinations in those provinces are running $3500.00 to over $6000.00.

I was looking into the Minn. bear hunts I think some of them bear I could get bare handed. I'm sure he's going to a place that bear size would be better. The one he had stuffed is big so maybe for once big brother knows what he's talking about:) Thanks for the great replies guys.

Bear hunt

You might want to look at Idaho. They have some two bear areas and a lot of color phases. You could get a black and a brown color. Hard on the taxidermy budget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back