PEAX Equipment

bear hunt

coondog

Hey guys I am interested in doing a bear hunt for next year. I am not to sure of where I should be looking to go. I would like to stay in the states, but will go across the border if I have to. I havent been on a bear hunt before so this will be my first time. I am just looking for a good oppurtunity to get a bear, it doesnt have to be a monster, but dont want it to be a little one either, just a decent bear. I am just not sure of where and when to go. Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. I would like to try it with my bow, or do you guys think a gun would be better on the first hunt. I still get buck fever sometimes on the good ones, I cant imagine having a bear walk in I may shake myself out of the tree. thanks guys- coondog

are you intrested in bait hunting,spot stalk, hounds or what. I would suggest Kris Korrel, Korrel Outfitters here in Idaho

Lots of bear guides out there and many methods of take...my first question to you would be what's your preference (hunt type) and what state do you want to do it in? From there, you'll probably get a lot of help/references..

Marv

I don't kow if Casey Richardson still owns Lost River Outfitters in SK, but a group from here went two years ago and had a great time. Try a search in this forum. At one time there was a folder exclusively for and from the hunt. Maybe Del can get you a link.

I dont know for sure which way I would rather hunt. I like the idea of spot and stalk, I just dont know if I can pull it off, I have never got to hunt bear before. I also like the idea of being in a tree over bait, just whichever way gives me the best chance at being successful with my bow. As far as which state I dont really care, I am in tennessee so anywhere I go will be a pretty good trip from home I guess. Let me guys know what you think I am open to suggestions. thanks coondog

Back