Basemap.com?? Competition for OnXmaps and Gohunt?

MooseCaboose

Hi, just had an ad for basemap.com pop up on facebook. It looks like they are still in early development, but it looks like the goal is to have all the western states covered this year. The kicker is that they are aiming to provide application information and landowner map information on one platform. Apparently only charging 49.95 per year for access to all states. Definitely cheaper than the two market leaders.

Anybody have any experience with this? I know this is an OnXmaps and Gohunt sponsored forum but I am curious to see if this will be a viable competitor to one or both companies. Competition is good for us as consumers, betterring products and decreasing prices.

I have to say, $50 for all the Western states is way cheaper than $100 per state if they can pull it off. IMO, Gohunt has a lot of stuff, but not worth $150 per year and think about it, so everyone and their brother starts using gohunt so now you are ALL applying for for the same spots, well...guess what, the draw odds just changed :) While having access to all this data is now fast and easy, it sure changes the game.

Back