Caribou Gear

Bark Collar for a big Stubborn Dog

Rico

I have a black-mouth cur who seems to find petsafe’s bark collar somewhat amusing. Any suggestions on a bark collar that has a little more authority?

Garmin makes a nice one. You can set manual simulation levels or set it on auto, which ramps up simulation as the dog barks more. Works like a charm in my high anxiety GSP.

Typically, the collars will come with stubborn dog prongs. They stick in a bit deeper! Check the tightness, too. Hope it works out!

Never used a bark collar specifically, but I've also found with e-collars that consistent positioning is very important in getting the kind of results you want. Make sure the prongs are sitting where they are supposed to.

When my lab was a pup she had a barking problem. I put the collar on her once (on high). She tried to bark once - it was half a bark and half yelp. Took it off and never used it again. She just turned 14 and hasn't barked one single time.

I have used two garmin products, the barklimiter and the PT10, the limiter has more options but the PT10 hits a little harder and works better for my stubborn one. The PT10 is designed to be paired with a non GPS garmin device but can be used solo without the handheld as a bark collar.

Update: my neighbor has petsafe’s “Stubborn Dog” version and let me try it out. Works like a charm

I keep upwards of a dozen hounds. I could have adopted a third world village for spent in bark collars. For me, right now. Rechargeable is a must. The two I like best right now are the Sportdog SBC and SBC R. The garmin no bark is decent as well. Stay clear of the cheaper versions with the round replacemnt batteriers as they are almost disposable.

I keep upwards of a dozen hounds. I could have adopted a third world village for spent in bark collars. For me, right now. Rechargeable is a must. The two I like best right now are the Sportdog SBC and SBC R. The garmin no bark is decent as well. Stay clear of the cheaper versions with the round replacemnt batteriers as they are almost disposable.
I can't speak to the sportdog stuff but this is a great point about rechargeable, good addition to the thread.

Check out the DogWatch Bark Collar, up to 6 months on a recharge.

I have a black-mouth cur who seems to find petsafe’s bark collar somewhat amusing. Any suggestions on a bark collar that has a little more authority?

IMG_20200413_120110.jpg

I have two of these for our dogs and they've done the job.
It automatically increases in zap strength if the dog fails to respond as desired.
We have tons of deer, yotes, etc... The dogs are constantly pulled.
I'd care not though I have a city lover who's one of those royal asshat, bring his city living crap mentality to the MT country. I've had our Sheriff office time wasted... 12 acres, outskirts sheriff thinks the toon is a joke however, because I'm within the county, the dog ordinance applies... Thus... Well you get the idea.

I got this subsonic push buttom contraption from Amazon, made by Hoont, I think it was only 15 bucks or some such, I got every dog in the neighborhood trained, 100% success. They bark, I hit that button, they shut up, they try again, I hit the button again, after a few rounds they quit and after a few nights I don't have to remind them again for months. I really can't believe how good it worked. They should have me on an infomercial. But I was seriously considering committing some crimes, so it really was amazing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back