Badlands Upland Vest/Pack

'Ike'

Just got mine today, very nice as I would expect from Badlands...I like the lay-out and feel plus the shoulder straps lay flat so as not to interfere with gun mount...Looking forward to putting some miles on it here soon and will keep you posted!

The new Badlands Upland Bird Vest carries better than 90% of the packs on the market. It's still as light as a standard vest and offers the versatility of ump-teen pockets for "the most effective layout ever." While the Badlands Upland Vest does not come with a water bladder, it offers full hydration capabilities - just add your own. It has a fully breathable internal lining, a welded waterproof rear compartment, and the easiest bird access ever developed. The Badlands Upland vest is very hard to call it just one name, when it does the task of so many. One size fits most.

Attachments

• Badlands Upland.jpg
    Badlands Upland.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,889
I ordered the Pella Birdn' Lite Upland Strap Vest. Supossed to be here tomorrow. I almost got the Bucks Bags Upland Vest, but had some Cabela's bucks to burn..The Bucks Bags comes with a hydration bladder, but I usually like to freeze part of my water bottles to keep them cold all day, and it seems like more of a pain to give water to the dog through the bladder. I'm anxious to use it, I'm sure it will be better then the full vest I have now. Much cooler anyways. I have heard the Wing Works Upland Vest is also a good vest.

Let me know how you like it...looks like you have plenty of orange on there...that's a good thing out there in CA!

I ordered the Pella Birdn' Lite Upland Strap Vest. Supossed to be here tomorrow. I almost got the Bucks Bags Upland Vest, but had some Cabela's bucks to burn..The Bucks Bags comes with a hydration bladder, but I usually like to freeze part of my water bottles to keep them cold all day, and it seems like more of a pain to give water to the dog through the bladder. I'm anxious to use it, I'm sure it will be better then the full vest I have now. Much cooler anyways. I have heard the Wing Works Upland Vest is also a good vest.

Let me know how you like it...looks like you have plenty of orange on there...that's a good thing out there in CA!

:D No doubt...I like the Pella also, let me know how it goes with that one...I've got my lab used to drinking out of the bladder, but it's the older version of the 'bite' valve that I can operate by hand...Works pretty well, then I don't have to carry extra bottles for her...

Who writes advertising copy that effectively says..

"our vest isn't the most comfortable on the market but its more comfortable than alot of them"........and then adds....."no bladder but you can add your own".....well geeeeee you can do that with a pillow case and some string couldn't you?....

Looks like a neat vest.....I especially like the "lay flat" straps....don't like the shallow and full length zippered shell pouches.......

I'm off to buy some dog food for the pup that "better than most but not as good as the best"....flavor not included but you can add it.....

Steve

"our vest isn't the most comfortable on the market but its more comfortable than alot of them"........and then adds....."no bladder but you can add your own".....well geeeeee you can do that with a pillow case and some string couldn't you?....

Looks like a neat vest.....I especially like the "lay flat" straps....don't like the shallow and full length zippered shell pouches.......

I'm off to buy some dog food for the pup that "better than most but not as good as the best"....flavor not included but you can add it.....

Steve

Those have been changed, they're now the mag/lock system plus there are also loops behind them...

Ike let me know how you like this vest I have been looking at it for a while now. I have a filson strap vest that I have had for years but looking for something new.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back