Badlands Fawn Pic

Buschy

I started my scouting early this year. I spent last weekend in the Badlands scouting, moving treestands, putting up game cams, and helping a friend fix fence on Sunday.

While scouting I jumped a WT doe and looked over where she was laying. there was a little fawn laying in the grass. I have never seen one before. I took a few quick pics and moved on.

The badlands are getting moisture and the antlers on the mulie bucks are up past the first forks. I am looking forward to another good year! :D

Have a great day.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 211
Hey, nice pics. That's pretty cool. Where at in Badlands? I'm originally from western ND/SD (literally on border)

Idaho_B+T

West of Fairfield.

Last fall we had great numbers of deer and numbers of mature bucks. It was an easy winter and with some moisture there could be some real bombers around.

Were you originally from Beach?

Hettinger / Lemmon

I am applying for a gratis deer tag in ND this year. There should be some real good ones this year.

That is cute. My teenager calls them "burrito" deer. Just small enough to put in a Ronco Rotisserie, then set it and forget it. Grab a tortilla and presto...

Nice pictures and glad to hear your receiving rain on your hunting grounds.Just wondering,Ive seen plenty of fawn WT deer but does anybody have any pics of a muley fawn for comparison?Thanks!

I am going to try and get out this weekend to see if the mulie fawns are out and about. Weather has averaged 105 degrees this week, so the little buggers are probably baked.

Nice! We've been getting lots of rain here as well (plus we had very good snowpacks), but I don't think the deer are fawning yet and I definitely haven't seen a buck with any forks. Now, I just need to get my SD deer point...

Neat! Just drove through MT. a couple days ago and the Antelope were dropping literally right in front of us a few times as we were driving by. Saw a ton of just born fawns along the way. Pretty cool.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back