Bad effect's when rancher are forced off there land.

Muledeer4me

http://www.idahostatesman.com/News/story.asp?ID=58699

["Ranchers and Loss of open space"]

["The third threat, he said, is the loss of open space. The threat to the national forests is the fragmentation of important wildlife habitat and such impacts as the spread of invasive species.

The agency contributes to this loss, he said, when it forces ranchers off the land in their efforts to prevent damage to watersheds and range from grazing. He said the agency needs to find ways to restore the health of the land without destroying the rancher´s business.

“We need creative new solutions,” he said.

Ted Hoffman, a former president of the Idaho Cattle Association, a rancher and veterinarian, applauded Bosworth´s recognition that the agency has needlessly hurt ranchers.

“That´s a profound comment,” he said.

Motorized recreation

The fourth threat, Bosworth said, is unmanaged motorized recreation.

He is telling every national forest to force motorized users to stick to roads and trails.

“The day we can take off-highway vehicles cross-country across the national forests are over,” he said.

Bosworth has the support of the organized motorized recreation community for this, said Bill Dart, executive director of the Blue Ribbon Coalition, a national group based in Pocatello dedicated to motorized access on public lands.

“We support limiting use to roads and trails on most places on the national forests,” Dart said.

He pointed to an initiative by the Boise, Payette and Sawtooth national forests that would ban all cross-country motorized travel. Officials of the three forests will allow travel to continue on all current routes. Then the Forest Service will do a local review of all routes to see which ones are appropriate.

“We think they´re on the right track,” Dart said.

Bosworth´s success in restoring trust in the agency will come if people on the fringes of the debate, both on the environmental side and the development side, lose their appeal, said John Freemuth, a Boise State University political science professor.

“You´ll see the people that oppose everything get marginalized,” Freemuth said."]

I think we are seeing the effect's of that last statment right now.
It's hard have support for anyone when you learn they are opposed to everything except keeping wound's open and infected.

"It's hard have support for anyone when you learn they are opposed to everything except keeping wound's open and infected. "

Wounds like trails/roads that are cut into forests, continuing to be infected by illegal ATV use....

There haven't been to many new roads cut into any where for the last five plus years. Old tired worn out drum... :rolleyes:
I am really glad that there is some that see the good in the world instead of the perpetual dreary darkness that seems to invade some peoples every waking moment.
As for me, I will look to the positive side of life, there are so many more rewards awaiting…

"The agency contributes to this loss, he said, when it forces ranchers off the land in their efforts to prevent damage to watersheds and range from grazing. He said the agency needs to find ways to restore the health of the land without destroying the rancher´s business."

If the ranchers can't graze on public land without destroying watersheds and land they should be kicked off.

There haven't been to many new roads cut into any where for the last five plus years.
False. Many of the roads are 'pioneered' and thus get percieved as being roads when they are not. Though not official roads, many consider them as such and travel them.

TB- Great reply!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back