Back from Wyoming

Camdu7

We had a fun and successful trip to Wyoming. Hunted unit 18 for lopes and my brother and I had region C deer tags. We set up the wall camp in the grasslands but ended up hunting more on the state and BLM lands due to the amount of deer hunters driving around the grasslands. The lopes were not thick or big but they were around. My nephew, brother and I were able to harvest bucks on opening day and my wife got her first lope on sun. It took her a while to get hunting on Sun after forgetting her tags at camp, falling in a creek and locking the keys in the truck:). But she made a great shot and had her first goat. Sunday eve with the lope tags full my brother and I were able get out after the deer. He was able to take a decent 3pt and I shot a 4 pt. Not big Muleys but decent for region I think. 20161002_111257.jpg20161001_072554.jpg20161002_185153.jpgDSC01387.jpg

Looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing. How many days of hunting did it take to fill your deer tags?

Elite,

We only hunted for deer Sunday eve. However, I was out there for a week bowhunting in early sept so I had a pretty good idea where the deer were.

Nice antelope and the mulies are studs in my book. What are the details on that tent? That looks like a sweet way to camp.

The tent is a 12x14 montana canvas from the early 80s and it has a 12 x12 cook tent addition on it in pic. I put a big tarp over it in wet or cold weather. It was a my dads hunting buddies tent and he sold it to me when he retired from hunting. He gave me a great deal on the tent with the stipulation that I send him pics of the tent being used. Roll out the green astro turf floor and fire up the woodstove and it feels like home!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back