AZ Elk father and son hunt!

bigbulls

Well, after 10 years of applying together my dad and I finally drew arizona elk tags. Unfortunately, we did not tag the bulls we hoped we would, but we dont get to hunt much together anymore and we did have the HUNT of a lifetime, even if we didnt tag the bulls of a lifetime. I could write a novel, but I'll just say Arizona was everything it was suppossed to be. In 8 days we called in 12 bulls to within bow range, spot and stalked or ambushed several more to within bow range, and saw some absolute pigs that I will be dreaming about for the next 10 years. My bull wasnt exactly what I was after, but by the 7th day I had already passed on a few like him, had some close calls on a couple giants, and I missed a 360-370 bull two days before I killed (admittedly I am still losing sleep over that one). Also, on an evening hunt where we were hunting seperately my dad heard some bugles and was able to get in front of a couple bulls and a 340 bull walked by him at 20 yards...well 340 if one entire antler hadnt been busted off!!!

My dad was ecstatic with his bull, even though he has killed bigger. On the morning he killed, which ended up being our last day, the bulls were really starting to go crazy! I had called in two bulls that he passed on already and we were inbetween two more and they were both coming. His bull had a pretty mean bugle and came in fast so he didnt even look at antlers. The bull came through a shooting lane and he smoked him. Needless to say he was a little surprised when we got to him, but he was still happy. Also, he was so happy we both tagged bulls and had a great hunt!

Good luck to all still to hunt this season!

Attachments

• DSCN0140.jpg
    DSCN0140.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 601
  • DSCN0150.jpg
    DSCN0150.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 610
Tremendous - congratulations to both of you. I hope you get many more elk seasons together.

AZ. ,the # 1 state for Elk. Quality unmatched. Most states You are hunting rag horns. IN AZ. every unit produces big bulls. Congrats to You hunters........BOB!

Last edited:
I know AZ has some toads but I'll echo what others have said: Nothing wrong with those bulls at all! Sounds like you had a great time with your dad, which is even more important. Job well done.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back