Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

AZ Bird

Basser

It's been 4 years since I was last able to draw a spring turkey tag here in AZ and this morning I was able to lay the hammer down on my first Spring Gobbler!

Had 3 toms come in together looking to pick a fight with my jake decoy and by 5:45am he was slung over my shoulder.....wish they all turned out this way:rolleyes:

AZ Merriams turkey with and 8.5" beard. Also, 1 Pointer, make sure you check out the new hat:D
AdieStLouis045.jpg

And Kade aspires to be like Axl(but his owner can't throw the stick straight for the picture....haha)
AdieStLouis076.jpg

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us1cicWabPs

Basser, It's a Saturday and I got up at 4:30 AM knowing there was a reason why... Your picture of your hunt must have been it :D :D

Ludos to you and Kade. Good luck in the future throwing a stick ;)

Nice bird and great looking dog... Congrats... :)

I thought I had posted to this one... :)

Dejaboo... :D

Basser, nice bird. guessing since theres snow around, you're either near flagstaff or further north? been a while since I lived out there. can't remember the high spots anymore.

Nice work on the bird and great field shots. congrats and thanks for the share....

Thanks guys!

We got it on video too, but don't have it downloaded yet. Here are a couple still frames from the video that my buddy took.

Here they are racing into the decoys.
post-669-1210436899_thumb.jpg

And here is the two that got to live another day. I'm sitting on the other side of the tree in the right of the pic.
post-669-1210436930_thumb.jpg

nice bird. Question, did you blast the crap out of his head or are they always that red??
Our Easterns are really blue when strutting. I never hunted anything besides easterns so I don't know if the red is normal

His melon did get a good amount of lead in it, but when they are all horned up their head is a mainly blood red color.

Nice bird Basser.... guessing unit 27 or 1 if it took 4 yrs.....12a/ 27 is the best in AZ
I.M.O. love the pics... way to go!

Nice!! Bird and hat! I might have to splurge and get a new Cards hat for hunting. I just wish the red passed for hunter orange...

Love those Merriam's! IMO, they're the better looking turkey. The mutt turkey I shot in ID a couple of years ago appeared to have some Merriams in the bloodline.
IdahoTurkeyHunt004.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back