ATV riders

Gr8bawana

Yea I'll probably open a can on worms with this post, but it's something that just bugs the
heck out of me.
My brother and I have been hunting the Ruby's and near the Jarbidge wilderness of
northen NV since the late 70's.
I amazes me how the guys on atv's think they have to ride them everywhere. I see trails that
have been extended for miles by the avt guys just cause they are too lazy to walk a little bit.
Trails that used to end half a mile or so from the top of s ridge now have a atv trail right up
to the top and over the other side.
I don't know how many times I've had someone ride across a hillside with no road anywhere
near after having walked a couple of miles to get away from people.
I think atv use has gotten out of control.
:W:

You, sir, should consider joining Backcountry Hunters & Anglers. www.backcountryhunters.org. We agree that ATVs need to stay on open roads and not degrade habitat and the experience of others in the woods. We offer a reward for anyone who catches someone abusing public land with ATVs (or any other motor vehicle.) We've given away thousands of dollars in rewards. All we ask for is a bit of accountability for lawbreakers.

I feel the same way.

As soon as one person drives their atv illegally across a meadow or hillside everyone follows suit. Before long even the law abiding are doing it because "hey, it looks like an atv trail". I watch it happen every year. We all need to do our part and report illegal use. Fish and game/blm/forest service doesn't have the man power to be all the places us hunters are.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back