Attn. Idaho NR's

I like it I don't mess with idaho general anymore but I usually apply for limited quota tags. The December 1 sale is a joke.

To bad it had to go through the legislature but the commission has had the time to fix it and has not acted on it

I am torn on whether or not support it. I really wish they would codify that the draw would remain random.

Anyone else feel like this is making a complicated problem out of a simple one?
Yeah sure seams like they are trying to make it as complicated as they can and a 2 year delay to implement it. It's anyone's guess what the outfitters will try to accomplish in the committee

Yeah sure seams like they are trying to make it as complicated as they can and a 2 year delay to implement it. It's anyone's guess what the outfitters will try to accomplish in the committee
I’m not familiar with the hunting politics of ID but I imagine if it’s like WY, then I can understand the outfitter ear bug.

IMO, nothing wrong with the controlled hunts. The OTC units need a fine tune, but bringing in this group of folks like they’re doing in CO just seems unnecessary.

My understanding is nothing much is happening in the Idaho legislature due to in fighting.

It's anyone's guess what the outfitters will try to accomplish in the committee
I have been an outfitter and guide in Idaho for over 35 years but retired now. In the areas we worked there were no other hunters, none. When I started in the 80's we would sometimes have other camps around us, ranchers and farmers who had stock, but from 2000 on there was no one in the backcountry. Most of our camps were at least 12 miles from the trailheads and many were well over 20. If it were not for outfitters, there would be large swathes of Wilderness and back country where no one hunted. The Idaho legislature, the US Forest Service and the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board all see having a stable outfitter presence as important to provide service in places where no one else goes. I know Hunt Talk is mostly anti-outfitting but some places they are the only way to get in there.

I have been an outfitter and guide in Idaho for over 35 years but retired now. In the areas we worked there were no other hunters, none. When I started in the 80's we would sometimes have other camps around us, ranchers and farmers who had stock, but from 2000 on there was no one in the backcountry. Most of our camps were at least 12 miles from the trailheads and many were well over 20. If it were not for outfitters, there would be large swathes of Wilderness and back country where no one hunted. The Idaho legislature, the US Forest Service and the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board all see having a stable outfitter presence as important to provide service in places where no one else goes. I know Hunt Talk is mostly anti-outfitting but some places they are the only way to get in there.
I think times have changed some. lots of resident where I am have stock and know how to use them well its not just the outfitters anymore. I am not anti outfitter I would prefer not to see a outfitter allotment of tags but at the end of the day that's Idaho residents choice and either way I will still pay to play.

I am just happy to see that it looks like the December 1st sh!t show is going away but at least we get 2 more years of the chaos to enjoy

if it turns into a draw and stays as the late june 5th l e app time frame,,i see this as a posible good second choice option to pick up a gen region tag if they are alotted the same number of tags,,i would think that alot wouldnt go until 2nd choices roll thru the process..havnt done idaho personally since the 2021 price increase myself,,but idaho l e is a decent last roll of the dice by junes deadline if nothing else pans out.

if it turns into a draw and stays as the late june 5th l e app time frame,,i see this as a posible good second choice option to pick up a gen region tag if they are alotted the same number of tags,,i would think that alot wouldnt go until 2nd choices roll thru the process..havnt done idaho personally since the 2021 price increase myself,,but idaho l e is a decent last roll of the dice by junes deadline if nothing else pans out.
I am thinking the opposite happens you will have to select the general area you want to get a tag I would expect very few go to a 2nd choice tag.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back