Attn. Idaho NR's

Doesnt fix problem just makes it more organized, until returning tag/transfering tag procedure is fixed its still going to be screwed up. To many people get tags in units that they have no intention of ever hunting them they just need a backup plan. So idaho is going to have at least 8 draws under this proposal for just DEA? 1dec, 5 returns/2nds, 2 controlled hunts? Sounds like a bigger problem than fix. My belief is and always will be shift inital tag date to spring with rest of states and disallow returns.

So there are other states using this vendor, right? Do they have the same issues?
I don’t know that any of them have the same rush to buy Idaho does

I know Arizonas system crashed big time on the day OTC deer tags went on sale this winter. Both people I know that bought tags just bought them over the phone calling an office

Why 10 years ago? It didn’t need to be done before hunting social media mother F’d NR hunters from getting tags in ID every year easily.
I use to buy my tag on the way to Idaho to hunt. One year I didn’t buy my second tag so I could help my buddy get his bull.ive been chasing some big 3 action in that state for a long time. So if they make people draw for elk and they can’t apply for that anymore I’m all for it I’ll hunt elk elsewhere

get rid of tag returns and limit NRs to one total elk tag initially. Any tag not drawn for NR goes back into the Res pool. Then let everyone apply again for leftovers. Basically just copy Wy minus the point system for NRs. I hope someone applies for Lolo as a limited entry tag

If they were smart it would all be one draw and no tag returns. State still makes its money and it wouldn’t hurt the crowding any when people didn’t show up

If they were smart it would all be one draw and no tag returns. State still makes its money and it wouldn’t hurt the crowding any when people didn’t show up
Yeah 86ing the returned tag processes in multiple states would be a quick best practice to fight the demand issue. It wouldn’t make a huge difference but every bit helps

Yeah 86ing the returned tag processes in multiple states would be a quick best practice to fight the demand issue. It wouldn’t make a huge difference but every bit helps
Government issues can’t do something that obviously makes sense

I’m just wondering what angle Moyle has found to make a buck on it. There’s no way he’s going to do any leg work out of the goodness of his heart, there’s gotta be points on the back end for him personally somehow.
Moyles hates IDFG. He’s overstepping the responsibilities of legislature and trying to let the legislature make decisions that are the responsibility of IDFG.

Even if you support the bill, the actions of the legislature shouldn’t be supported to let them make fish and game decisions.

Do you think Idaho goes to a point system for NR if it passes and becomes a draw? I personally like the bill. I hate the panic buying each year.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back