Arrows

Hello guys! My bow is being fixed up in the archery shop right now and what would you recommend for the arrows? Weight, diameter, broad heads etc. For elk hunting and pronghorn.
Thanks

Talk to the archery shop. If they are half good they will know. Your draw weight will determine a lot. Broad head weight, cutting diameter, arrow weight etc. Shooting the wrong arrows can have a very bad effect on your health.

Ok take this for what's it's worth, one persons opinion on what constitutes a good arrow built for elk.

Granted the brand/ spine will change based on your set up...however these are my guide lines. Items one and four are an absolute ..three and four are more subjective.

First: Finished arrow weight of 450-550 grains, with a good portion of the weight up front via brass inserts.
Secondly. .204 I'd arrows, they let me use a small diameter shaft yet I can still use standard threaded inserts.
Third. If I am using brass hits which I am fond of in some arrows I then use a flanged footing.
Forth. A solid fixed blade broadhead, generally three or four blades. Solids, Slick Tricks, VPA, Ironwill, QAD...etc etc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back