Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Arrows

I didn't read all the responces, But I will say that I wouldn't shoot an arrow that the tip was behind my hand. I have a 29" DL and my arrows are 28.5" The broadhead is just barely in front of the riser and more importantly my hand.

I didn't read all the responces, But I will say that I wouldn't shoot an arrow that the tip was behind my hand. I have a 29" DL and my arrows are 28.5" The broadhead is just barely in front of the riser and more importantly my hand.

X2, what he said, all it takes is one time to have your finger in the wrong place.......
If you're lucky, you'll cut it REALLY bad. :(

I would shoot one that puts the broadhead completely past the shelf, looks like if you went 2" longer than your current set up you'd be fine. That would put you right close to what your DL is. Could even make it an even 29". That's what I shoot with a 29" DL.

Jbo

I would say if you were shooting a drop away, then yes, you would need longer arrows. My experience with a WB when I had one years ago, is that you wanted the shorter arrow and less FOC or you get erratic flight, even from a tuned bow. WB's can be pretty touchy.

TC...you mentioned NY...whereabouts? I grew up near Rochester

Last edited:
That picture of you, can you get one of your whole body feet to head. Your shoulders are uneven. It looks like your leaning forward and the bow is not level. Put a line level on it. How is your consistency? I'm no expert, but that is what I see. If you are having problems it is your form. Like from 10 to 40 yards are they the same

Dude, you definitely need a new bowshop.......the one you're going to now doesn't sh*t ! Whatever your drawlength is.....thats the length your arrows should be. Just pay close attn to the spine of the new arrows you need to now purchase......Spine wt is determined by your draw length versus you draw wt.....work from that and you will be fine!
B.T.W. start with a 28.5 in draw length, you dont want your arm straight, unless you want a helluva
string burn on ur forearm.

Well, I have to agree with the group here that says you should find a different pro shop. You don't need a "PSE" proshop.

The most important thing is to find a place that wants to know what you want for your bow and teaches you the things you don't know yet. No bow shop should ever recommend arrows that short for anyone. If a customer wants to have them cut that short, thats one thing, but for a new archery hunter, arrows that short are not recommended.

Like many have said, your arrows should generally match your draw length. Changing broadheads should have nothing to do with arrow selection unless you're changing to a turkey headshot broadhead like a the Bullheads or Guillotine. If that doesn't mean anything to you, then don't worry about it. The point is changing broadheads shouldn't mean more than threading on a different head.

Good luck with your bow, its an amazing tool once you get everything dialed in.

When I measure my wing span I get 73" divide by 2.5 is 29.2" then I go to the user guide it say to set it on E for 29" draw but my shop has it set at W that is 19 1/2". And my arrows measure 26 3/4" they come 1/2-1" in front of my biscuit
I wish there was another PSE shop around me
Do yourself a favor and call PSE and ask them. A long time ago I had a major problem with a so called bow shop.I quickly decided I was going to learn about my equipment and do most things myself. Between here PSE and you tube you should be able to figure it out.......:cool:

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back