Yeti GOBOX Collection

Arrows

TC prohunter

I have been shooting gold tip hunter XT with the mechanical grim reapers my arrows are 26" that puts me at 1/2" from my rest. Now I a switching to a fix blade are my arrows to short for fix blades?

They are the grim reaper hades. And my draw length is 29.2 and my archery shop says I need 26" arrows

Regardless of your head, I question a 26" arrow on a 29" draw. Without seeing your setup first hand I can't offer much. But changing your broadhead doesn't change your arrow length unless you have a clearance issue. The hades are not a huge diameter so I can't image a clearance issue unless your rest is really inside of center.

Good stuff but how does your arrow sit. If you are using the same arrows your length isn't a concern, it's clearance of the blades as it gets to the shelf. As long as they don't contact anything, tune and shoot.

Sounds like somebody needs to do some reading up on basic archery terms and set-up descriptions.

I would think about checking with a different shop. I'm far from an archery expert but I shoot 28.5 arrows with a 29.5 draw.

TC, I wouldn't worry about this until you get the blades. Screw them on, put the arrow in the rest without nocking it and slide it backwards as if it were getting drawn. Sure it's not exact but you will see if you are going to have any immediate issues with the riser. If all looks good, nock it and slowly draw it back. Have someone standing to the side to see what it looks like and to be there if any issues arise. Chances are you won't have issues. If you do, address them accordingly. As for cutting arrows short for speed. I don't want to get into this because the speed vs weight issue will go on forever. I advocate a hunting arrow to be 400 plus grains for various reasons. If speed is a concern, you have bigger fish to fry in your bows cam and the biscuit then shaving 20 grains off your arrow by cutting them short. The better question is how do the arrows tune, to short gets to stiff. But again, and with not working on it myself, I'll bet you are going to be just fine. Don't get bogged down in the fine details, trust your gear and shoot often.

And LEARN about your equipment. Don't just have a guy do it and THEN ask questions. You should know something about what you have and want it to do. READ, READ, READ anything and everything. Not trying to slam you, but I've noticed you made quite a few threads asking for help or advice on some basic things. I would suggest doing some research on archery equipment. There are all kinds of places on the internet where you can get plenty of info. Take the time to know what you want and need. Good luck.

I just got my PSE out he has my cam addjustment set on w and that is 19.5 " draw length. I went back to the PSE user guide and my draw is 29 and the guide says to set it to E for 29"

Your wingspan divided by 2.5 is a starting point for dl. 72/2.5=28.8. Just because it's set at 29 doesn't mean that's exact, allow 1/2" either way so start short. I would set you up on e for 28.5. This will change everything so your arrows are likely scrap, careful not to over draw them and ram it up your forearm. All of the tweaks you need to do can be done by yourself at home, you just need to know how to do them. I would still suggest going to a shop, probably a different one.

TC check the regs in the States that you plan to hunt. It's Illegal in some States to have your arrow contact your rest behind the riser.

Back