Yeti GOBOX Collection

arrow rest

TC prohunter

I just picked up my first bow a PSE Rally. I was looking to add a arrow rest what is a good one to go with?

There are a lot of good rests and you will get a lot of answers, but for me.... Limb Driver gets the nod.

Would I still use the whisker biscuit with a Arrow rest?

Just getting started with archery I take it? :D The whisker biscuit is an arrow rest. Most guys just use one at a time. ;)

I am shooting with a Rip Cord this season and it serves me well. Nothing wrong with the WB though! It will wear on your fletching but they work well and are very simple.

Judging by your question I would stick with the WB for now. There are pro's and con's to each rest. I am shooting a Trophy Taker Smack Down pro and I love it, but there is no reason for you to use anything other than the most simple, failproof rest available. Once you get a couple years under your belt you will be addicted like the rest of us and upgrade components for no apparent reason.

Good luck, and have fun!

Judging by your question I would stick with the WB for now. There are pro's and con's to each rest. I am shooting a Trophy Taker Smack Down pro and I love it, but there is no reason for you to use anything other than the most simple, failproof rest available. Once you get a couple years under your belt you will be addicted like the rest of us and upgrade components for no apparent reason.

Good luck, and have fun!

Very good advice. You would be well served to take it.

Lol Yea I am just getting in to it. I know I want to use the G5 T3 broadheads. I just picked up my set up for $250. And the dealer though in a new Vibracheck icon. 7" stabilizer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 125

Good luck, and have fun!

Yep. Ripcord is the best but you are the weak link right now. The wb has issues but nothing you need to concern yourself with now. Just focus on your form and the rest will fall into place.

Good advice from everyone above. I will only add a few things. First, since you are new to this it would be my suggestion to find someone to help you get started with your form correctly. Shooting that release like a gun will be mistake #1. Getting started with proper form will pay off in the long run. You will be a much better shot and avoid things like target panic. There are lots of stuff on the web these days to study and teach your self. I think John Dudley is the guys name who has a show called nock on. Lots of good info on his site. After 20 some years of pulling the trigger I sware every winter during league I'm going to change it and never do. Bad habits are hard to break. Trust me!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back