NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Armed hiking

Walt lister

All kitted out and rarin' to get after some quail.
11-11-11010.jpg

I had scouted this area before the season and saw a couple of covies. Thousands and thousands of acres of good quail cover except that it has been a dry year (again) so chick production is down.
11-11-11003.jpg

It rained some last week and smoothed out the sand washes.
11-11-11005.jpg

Something has been dining on the cactus. Could be cows, javalina or wild burros.
11-11-11006.jpg

On this cool, cloudy, breezy day I was sure I'd find a few quail but they were nowhere to be seen. Oh well, it's good exercise.
11-11-11011.jpg

Nice story Walt, better luck next time on finding your quail. I like the looks of that english stock.

"Something has been dining on the cactus" is that a last resort (due to shortage of food) or is it normal? It looks like that would be a little rough going down.

Thanks for sharing.

If we knew would get something everytime we wouldn't go out hunting would we?
What make is that gun?
I have a 12g Browning Citori, 34 years old, shot thousands of shells and is still a great gun.
My other is a Beretta silver pigeon 3.
Pheasant and duck shooting ina couple of weeks time.
Cheers
Richard

If we knew would get something everytime we wouldn't go out hunting would we?
What make is that gun?
I have a 12g Browning Citori, 34 years old, shot thousands of shells and is still a great gun.
My other is a Beretta silver pigeon 3.
Pheasant and duck shooting ina couple of weeks time.
Cheers
Richard

It's a 16ga Citori Superlite Grade III. I bought it in 1999.

Since I never see a dog in any of your shots, it's obvious you do your own locating and kicking. That's some tough hunting, but it's more about the going than the killing. Never tried desert hunting other than mountain lion back in the early 60's, but an acquaintance in Mesquite, NV has been trying to get me to go out there for birds. That's just too far to travel for bird hunting when there is so much of it nearby. Would be a real hoot though.

Better than sitting in an office all day, I'll tell you that. Thanks Walt.

Back