Arizona Unit 10 Archery Tag

Drew my very first antelope tag and am going up this weekend to spend a little time. After eating my first antelope in Missoula a few weekends ago at the BHA Rendezvous, I might be looking forward to meals as much as the hunt.

I'm heading up this weekend for my first scouting trip. The majority of the unit is railroad land, private ranch and state trust land. There's a decent chunk of Kaibab Forest near Williams and I'd prefer to stay on public land.

If anyone's hunted this unit and has good advice I am all ears.

Thanks!

A couple of years ago the wife and I had short getaway and took the train from Williams to the Grand Canyon. Not too far north of Williams out on the flats there were a couple of herds of antelope with some pretty nice bucks. I don't know if it is public land or how the access is but might be worth a look.
Good luck on your hunt.

I'm heading up this weekend for my first scouting trip. The majority of the unit is railroad land, private ranch and state trust land. There's a decent chunk of Kaibab Forest near Williams and I'd prefer to stay on public land.

If anyone's hunted this unit and has good advice I am all ears.

Thanks!

A Hunt Talker had this tag a couple years ago. If he sees this, hopefully he will get in touch. Good luck.

Unfortunately, most of the antelope country in unit 10 is on th Boquillas ranch. Luckily access is fairly cheap (it went up this year but i think is only like $60) but you can't get on it until a week or two before the hunt starts. Supposably what many people feel would be the new world record antelope is on that ranch right now. There has been a dispute between the ranch manager and the auction tag holder over it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back