PEAX Equipment

Arizona late elk hunt

CABugle

Here is a bull that I took in Arizona on a late hunt this past week. I got to my unit three days early to scout and was able to locate a lot of bulls, without seeing many people. The bulls where only out for about the first thirty minutes of daylight and about the last hour of the day, which was tough because during the day if I tried to go into the timber after the elk they would just blow out.

On opening day my buddie and I went into a meadow that was not visable from the road and where hoping to find a bull that we had seen in there the night before. After waiting for about a half an hour and not seeing anything we decided to go to an area where we thought some bulls may get pushed into and just sit and glass. After only seeing a few small bulls we went back to camp to get a little sleep. At about 1:00 we headed to a different meadow for the evening when all of the sudden my buddie looked out his window and saw six bulls running along side the truck! I had enough time to quickly park the truck and run ahead to where I thought the bulls would cross the road. I waited about 2 minutes and here they came, the best bull was in the back. As they crossed the road I was about 100 yards from them and with a good rest I was able to drop my bull in his tracks. He is not the best bull we saw but it's hard to pass up a bull 50 yards from a road! He is busted up pretty good but i'm happy with him and cannot wait to hunt Arizona again.

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 680
Good bull for sure! It's hard to find big ones in the late hunt not broken at least some. Close to the road and not fighting snow --- frosting on the cake ...

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back