Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Arizona G&F hitting bank accts today!

Found my notes. I applied for 6A, 6B, 7E, 4B, and 10, in that order. I was going on draw odds and success rates. Hopefully I considered availability of public land too. I don't know, it was two months ago!

You either drew 6A or 6B. Congrats, you should be in for a fun hunt!

I believe for Arizona you can only draw 3rd, 4th, 5th choices if there are leftover licenses, which is unlikely for any of your choices.

As far as public land goes, you won't have an issue there! 6A and 6B are both 95%+ public. Congrats again!

Cheaha:

Normally you'll only get drawn on your #3-5 elk choices if those were for limited opportunity hunts. The usually sought-after hunts are ALL divied up by the end of the Second Pass part of the draw (1st and 2nd Hunt Choices).

BTW, 6A has the largest elk population of any unit in Arizona --- make sure you have room in your freezer at home!

https://www.azgfd.com/hunting/draw/process

Last edited:
finally got a bull tag for either unit 27 or 1. the change in NR draw in AZ will in no way affect us residents. they still only get 10 percent of the tags, regardless of how many points they have. the only reason it was done was to increase NR applicants and increase revenue. it will cause a point creep disaster for NR's in coming years. anyways, congrats to all the lucky recipients! pray for rain this year, we really need it right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back