Archery Opener

Nice! Honest question, when is the last time you had a tag you didn’t punch? Seems like you’re posting up success opening week/day of just about every critter season.
Hunting and fishing is all I ever lived for. Even when I was working, no one accused me of working too hard.

I did learn early on that you won’t get anything staying home.

I am really glad I didn’t see any grouse, I can’t NOT shoot them even when I do see elk. I love grouse…

It is amazing how fast an elk will bloat especially in this weather. I took the shot at just before 8 o’clock in the morning, went back to camp at breakfast, then went back to look for the elk, found him within 50 yards of where I shot him. He didn’t go very far, it killed him quickly but in about the two hours it took going back and getting breakfast and then coming back to look he had swollen up pretty good.

Headed back to Bozeman as fast as I can to get him cooled down. We quarted him and took the back straps off put them in coolers getting them to cool down as quick as possible make sure something doesn’t happen in this hot weather.

233453B7-92CB-4D35-ABA8-CBF95137373E.jpeg

It is amazing how fast an elk will bloat especially in this weather. I took the shot at just before 8 o’clock in the morning, went back to camp at breakfast, then went back to look for the elk, found him within 50 yards of where I shot him. He didn’t go very far, it killed him quickly but in about the two hours it took going back and getting breakfast and then coming back to look he had swollen up pretty good.

Headed back to Bozeman as fast as I can to get him cooled down. We quarted him and took the back straps off put them in coolers getting them to cool down as quick as possible make sure something doesn’t happen in this hot weather.

View attachment 237667
Need a hand? I’m right down the road! 😂
Got any more of dem strolling around??? 😂😅

Got in close on this guy yesterday morning. Unfortunately only had a cow tag in my pocket and didn’t quite make it happen on one of the cows in his group. But what an experience getting in close with the elk! He would have been much easier to arrow as he lagged behind the group and kept pinning me back along with a couple calfs.
9D376E0F-3C2C-424D-8BBB-5C8D43043DFC.jpeg

Attachments

• 7949F41D-F104-4613-8210-907841B24B34.png
    7949F41D-F104-4613-8210-907841B24B34.png
    5 MB · Views: 61
Well it's about time!
1st hter of the year?
I'm exhausted already.

Got a text from mrcowboy and his wife is holding a tag. Not filled if he's texting me.

Back