archery hunters question

Rooster52

what part of the archery season do you like the best.If season starts september. 1st what would be your prefered week?

When
I hunted Colorado,I preferred the week before muzzleloader. Next year I am planning on hunting Wyoming.I am thinking the first two weeks of September.

For Montana, if I only have one week to invest, the second or third week are my go to weeks. More often than not that week I find one of two things: Some bulls still searching out cows with the rut at the tipping point, or the rut is on and the big bulls have harems.

In New Mexico, the hottest, driest week I can find on the weather forecast. It pulls the elk into the areas around water, and concentrates them. I find that this tends to make calling more effective since the competition is higher. Dominant bulls don't seem to like to be near each other. Sit water middle of the day, and evening.

That covers the two states that I have archery hunted elk in.

Jeremy

I'm an archery hunter from the east coast. The type of game here is very limited compare to my western friends. For me.....the first two weeks of November I hit it hard........:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back