Anyone tried cryotherapy?

I think they are getting ready to try this for my plantar fascia. Had an MRI done yesterday because it just isn't going away. My podiatrist recommended PRP treatment if it is torn. I talked to a friend that had it done for a couple of tears in ligaments/tendons in his toes and it got him healed up when nothing else worked. I don't think it is too expensive. I guess I find out next week when I go back for the MRI results.

My understanding is it is more typically used for tears, rather than bulging discs, but not unheard of. Let me know how this works out for you!

I trained with the Gracies in Torrance for many years, and have had my share of back issues. Cryo works if you can afford to go regularly do it.

Yoga, and supple leopard are to keep you in shape to help avoid injury, not to treat it. You are right, the decompression harness is for upper back and neck.

Any type of natural inflammatory should help.

Turmeric supplements designed for inflammation.

Believe it or not, I have had GREAT luck with krill oil!!

In your part of cali can you get medical CBD edibles? They work wonders, and are 100% non-psychoactive.

Do your best to keep the inflammation down, and if you have any extra weight out front, don't underestimate the effect that has on your back!

This is a movement that will strengthen and support your lowers back, while putting no strain on it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9YuQTTc58

I'll check out the supplements for sure. Anything that can take the place of NSAIDs is worth exploring as they're hell on people with Celiac.

We do have access to them, have a friend who owns a clinic. Didn't think they did much other than manage pain, but if they might help with treating inflammation I'll look into it. Again, the Celiac thing makes anything I eat a challenge.

Done BJJ for years. Pretty inconsistent due to moves or injuries, but love it when I can make it work and can find a gym with a low bro factor. Had planned to hit it again pretty hard to shape up for Gila before the disc issue popped up.

This saved my lower back. It takes a little time, stay with a program, do it a few times a day for as long as you can, I can literally fall asleep at full inversion, very relaxing. Then get to work on your lower back muscles, glutes etc.., make them strong and your pain should go away..

https://www.amazon.com/Teeter-Hang-...id=1470237496&sr=8-5&keywords=Inversion+Chair

I have one! Have only been doing it once a day for about 15 minutes, might need to step it up.

Chiropractic hasn't been mentioned but it worked well for me. I did go to a chiro that doesn't just crack your back. He worked on my toes to help get the nerve to start firing and got me back the feeling in them. He also has a machine now that is supposed to help decrease your recovery time. Not sure what it is called.

Chiropractic hasn't been mentioned but it worked well for me. I did go to a chiro that doesn't just crack your back. He worked on my toes to help get the nerve to start firing and got me back the feeling in them. He also has a machine now that is supposed to help decrease your recovery time. Not sure what it is called.

Decompression machine? Sounds like you have a good chiro.

I forgot if you can find some one who does myofascial massage(deeper than deep tissue massage), holy heck that works great..

I have had back issues as well, and I just would like to caution you from taking treatment advice from well intentioned people who may or may not have the same condition as you. I know that the advice your getting is beyond what you asked for. But please rely on the advice of a professional. What works for one guy may double the size of your disk protrusion.

I know a damn good Chiro in Seal Beach but I'm guessing that there are some good ones closer to you.

Good luck.

Go find the best neurosurgeon in your area. Get their opinion. A good surgeon will only operate when all other options have failed. This is something you do not want to wait too long to determine. A good surgeon will also know what the odds are based on the bulge size and location what conservative treatment results will statistically yield. Nerves can be permanently damaged if impinged too long. Don't mess around. Get a good professional opinion. L5-S1 is a very low level below the pelvis. Chiropractic treatment may not manipulate this injury location very well.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back