MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Anyone Shoot an Elite?

emrah1028

After 15 or so years with my PSE Nova, I finally bought a "new" (to me) modern bow, an Elite Archery Pure. It's the Realtree pattern with 60-70 lb limbs. I got it for $420. It's a 2011model.

I really like this bow! Like I said, after having the PSE for so long, I'd never actually shot a modern bow with a cam. Very different feel, but I'm told that if I was going to get one of the smoothest, easiest drawing "modern" bows, the Pure is it.

I traded for 28" draw length mods for it (currently they're 29" mods) but haven't swapped them in yet. It just has a relatively cheapie Tru Glo fiber optic sight and a Whisker Biscuit. Having shot a WB for so long, I have no plans to change. The fall-away rest thing looks too complicated to me.

I have the poundage set to 60lb but will re-verify and re-tune everything when the new mods are in.

Anyway, I'm looking to get a whole lot of practice time with this thing as it's pretty damned nice to shoot. I'll still keep my beloved Nova of course, as I can pick that up and pull back the straight, smooth no hump, no dump draw and shoot it all day at 55 lb.

Anyone else shoot an Elite?

Emrah

One of my good friends shoots the Elite bows he has a Pure also and it shoots like a dream. I have seriously considered selling my Hoyt Matrix and buying one myself. I love the draw cycle of those bows they feel great. They are fast and they are quite....

Also you should really consider the Ripcord rest I have one and it is great also. The WB's are reliable solid rest. You would love the drop away rest and they are easy to line out really. They look more complicated than they really are.

I've shot thousands of arrows and traveled thousands of miles with QAD fall away rests. Never had one come out of tune.

I'm not sure the Whisker Biscuit is a detriment to a bow, but I know you'll maximize the performance of a modern bow with a fall away.

Either way, Elite bows are real shooters.

I'm a huge fan of Elite. I own three of them now, but it all started with the Pure - which is a bow that I still absolutely LOVE to shoot! You got yourself a great deal on an awesome bow...congrats!

I've got an elite hunter and I love this bow. It was my first bow but after testing several bows I liked this one the best. I can hold it at full draw forever! My only regret was that I wanted the snow camo pattern but I will have it hydrodipped soon I hope. I think everyone should shoot one of these bows at least once,give it a shot.

Just got the new Answer...Awesome bow smooth, quiet and quick! 60# lefty! :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 1,402
After 15 or so years with my PSE Nova, I finally bought a "new" (to me) modern bow, an Elite Archery Pure. It's the Realtree pattern with 60-70 lb limbs. I got it for $420. It's a 2011model.

I really like this bow! Like I said, after having the PSE for so long, I'd never actually shot a modern bow with a cam. Very different feel, but I'm told that if I was going to get one of the smoothest, easiest drawing "modern" bows, the Pure is it.

I traded for 28" draw length mods for it (currently they're 29" mods) but haven't swapped them in yet. It just has a relatively cheapie Tru Glo fiber optic sight and a Whisker Biscuit. Having shot a WB for so long, I have no plans to change. The fall-away rest thing looks too complicated to me.

I have the poundage set to 60lb but will re-verify and re-tune everything when the new mods are in.

Anyway, I'm looking to get a whole lot of practice time with this thing as it's pretty damned nice to shoot. I'll still keep my beloved Nova of course, as I can pick that up and pull back the straight, smooth no hump, no dump draw and shoot it all day at 55 lb.

Anyone else shoot an Elite?

Emrah
I shoot an Elite Z28 and am looking to add a Pure. Do you still have the 29" Draw mods?

Thanks!

I just went to the Elite website and checked out their bows. I'm very interested in the Hunter. What do they cost??

I just went to the Elite website and checked out their bows. I'm very interested in the Hunter. What do they cost??

Depending on your Dealer, in the $700 range...You can look around and find used ones though...

Yes, I still have the mods.

And I've since added another to my collection. I bought a 2008.5 Z28. Man is this thing sweet! Been shooting both at maxed out poundage (70#) and thought I'd be ok with it. I don't have problems drawing while I'm practicing (I shoot several times a week beside our building at work so I get to shoot a lot), but I notice later that my bow arm's elbow (left) hurts at the joint. I've never had tennis elbow, but I think this is what it feels like.

So... I think I'm dropping back down to 60# again for both. Either way, I love both of these bows. The Pure is a little easier to draw. It's cam is hardest up front after a little take up, then eeeeases into a long valley and solid wall. SO nice to draw. The Z28's hump is more in the middle of the draw stroke. You can feel it build until mid-way, then eases back into that solid wall as well. And it also has that legendary valley too.

The Z is shorter ATA (33" I think) with an 8" brace. The Pure is 36" ATA and a 7" (and a bit) brace. Feel different shooting them, but the Pure just feels faster. Not sure why.

Anyway, I've rambled. As for prices, I bought the Pure off of Craigslist for $425 (bare) and the Z28 for $275. Yes, that's $275, but this one was a one-off Kevin Strother experiement bow. It has a hole drilled in the riser for another string stop, but it was never installed and he just plugged the hole. Cosmetic only. Either way, good Z's also sell in the $400-$450 range.

The one I really want to shoot as well is the Pulse. People on the Elite boards say it's THE most underrated Elite bow out there. Supposedly shoots better than the 6" brace would suggest. And it supposedly has the best and easiest draw cycle. After shooting a Pure, I'd have to experience it it believe it.

You just can't go wrong.

Emrah

I shot the new Bear Motive 6, Mathews chill, Bowtec experience, Hoyt spyder turbo, and the elite answer and pulse and settled on the pulse. Just waiting for it to come in.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back