Anyone load 110g rn for 30-30 imr 3031 ?

crash1

Hey all I am a newb to this site and am wondering if anyone has some loading data for 3030 win.

I have loaded sierra 125g fn hp 31- 33.5gr imr 3031 (This load works fine for white tail). and am now gona try a 110 g rn hornady .
Any info would be helpfull thanks

I may be wrong but I doubt you'll find many people loading the 110s unless they're shooting a TC Contender. 150s are standard and probably the best bet for deer at 30-30 velocities. I don't see anything to be gained by using lighter bullets. If your looking for real speed to pop varmints go with a sabot/bullet in the .22 to .24 range.

more than one answer to that , My boy needs the target practice, and like every other hand loader out there ,we try to find a different load that no one has tryed ( and no one I know has tryed this around here ) once he gets used to the 30-30 he will be able to take game with whatever load I put in it .
Using a sabot in a leaver action ( unless loading the gun one at a time) is not recomended .
Hornady makes the lead ,so I want to load it ;) thats my story and I stick to it :rolleyes:

I checked my old loading log book--only data I have is for a 100 gr. bullet.

31 grains of 2400---about 2800fps.

39 gr. of IMR 4895---no velocity data.

Crash 1...Welcome to the forum...

I grabbed a couple of my old manuals off the shelf..

Here's data from the Speer #11 for the 110 Speer and IMR 3031....Starting load 28.0 for 2025 FPS...max load 32.0 for 2322...

Here's data from the Hornady book, third issue, for the 110 Horn. round nose and IMR 3031....Starting load 31.1 for 2200fps...Max load 35.5 for 2600 fps...

Both manuals stated that the loads were tested in a Win M94 20" barrel..

Hope this helps..

Well thanks for looking Gundog , You never know what you find , I will do some more looking ,Any one else :confused:

Thanks Pygmy thats exactly why I joined this forum, good people and great help. :D . I will load some of that and do some testing , as soon as the sun comes out :(
Have as good one.
Rob

No probelmo, Crash..Glad to help...I could probably dig up some info in another manual or two if you need it, or for different powders, etc... Just give a holler...Good luck ...Glad to see you have a youngster that you are introducing to the sport...We need all of them that we can get... :) ....

Back