Yeti GOBOX Collection

Anyone have the 6.7 Powerstroke?

Mt muley,

What rear end gearing do you have? Also, winter blend diesel usually takes about 10% off of your mileage.

These trucks aren't aerodynamic, especially if you have larger tires on them. Wind drag KILLS your mileage. I see a significant change in mileage between 65 and 75 mph.

Also, what kind of tires do you have on it? Mud terrains will reduce your mileage also.

I own a 2011 6.7 deisel . I live in Wisconsin and it gets super cold here and I have never had my truck gel up even at 25 below with no additives. Our deisel fuel is formulated for the temp range for time of year. I average 16-17 mpg in the winter and 17-18 in the summer empty.pulling a 11000 pound fifth wheeler at 70-75 mph I get 9-10 mpg pulling a 6000 lb enclosed v nose trailer at 70-75 mph I get 11 mph . I have got as high as 22 mph going 55 mph on yhe level with no wind. Wind seems to make a big differance.Def is about 1000 miles per gallon. I have the 335 axel with 18 inch tires 4 door crew cab lariat. John

Not sure about all the horror stories. Wouldn't call anybody a liar but I know what my experience has been with my 6.7 and it's not that. I love it. Hard to compare this motor to the 6.0 or 6. 4 because they are not made by the same manufactured. I got good fuel mileage for an 8,000# truck. I drove it from Oklahoma to New Orleans, over to Mississippi and back and averaged 18-19 mpg at 70mph. I pull 12,000-14,000# on a weekly basis and still average close to 14 mpg. Gelling is not an issue in Oklahoma so I can't attest to that. I have only had to add DEF between 5k oil change intervals 2 times.

So I'm guessing they probably didn't fill up the def fluid, I'm actually average around 16mpg now highway.. It seems to being coming around. Haven't had an gelling issues despite the nasty cold we've having

The Honeymoon is over for me on the diesels. I have a Duramax and after 2 sets of injectors at 4k I want to go back to a gas engine. The mileage on diesels is usually over rated. Most have never hand calculated their mileage and I believe would be shocked if they actually knew the mileage they were getting (less).. I have a 95 Powerstroke and that thing just keeps on chugging with very little maintenance needed. Gas motors if taken care of are easily getting into the upper 200's in mileage and most diesels I've seen are pooping out around 300.

With diesel being 80 cents more a gallon right now I could have a gas engine get 4 mpg less and still be break even. Most gas engines though are closer to diesel mileage than that.

The Honeymoon is over for me on the diesels. I have a Duramax and after 2 sets of injectors at 4k I want to go back to a gas engine. The mileage on diesels is usually over rated. Most have never hand calculated their mileage and I believe would be shocked if they actually knew the mileage they were getting (less).. I have a 95 Powerstroke and that thing just keeps on chugging with very little maintenance needed. Gas motors if taken care of are easily getting into the upper 200's in mileage and most diesels I've seen are pooping out around 300.

With diesel being 80 cents more a gallon right now I could have a gas engine get 4 mpg less and still be break even. Most gas engines though are closer to diesel mileage than that.

I just had my truck in the body shop for 2 weeks. Meanwhile I rented a reg cab long bed 4wd f250 with the 6.2l gas motor. It averaged almost 11mpg and I only pulled my trailer 2 times in that 2 weeks.

I have hand calculated my mileage numerous times in my diesel and I am always within 1mpg of what the display tells me. My New Orleans trip MPG's I mentioned above were also hand calculated. While I believe gas motors have their place (they sold the F250 while I had it and gave me an F150 for a couple days with the EcoBoost v6 and I really liked that truck) a diesel is just a lot better for my needs. And even if you can find a gas and diesel with similar operating costs, the diesel is going to be a lot more enjoyable to tow with in my opinion. The gas motors just don't have the torque a diesel does.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back