anyone going to have snow for thier opener??

schmalts

Looks like I will for next week:mad: This will be 2 years in a row with snow on the ground.
Oh well, I have another season in a month

I think our season opens 4/15 and there will be snow. I don't get to hunt gobblers much as the spring is my busy time at work (meaning the fall is NOT my busy time!)

Other than access and comfort issues, does the snow effect the turkey hunting much?

Our season here in Wyoming opened up on April 1st and it's been pretty nice overall. My buddy and his dad went out last Saturday and killed two nice tom's!

Other than access and comfort issues, does the snow effect the turkey hunting much?
It seems to effect the strut and gobbke a bit but for me the biggest factor is that my own land is 100% wooded and with snow on the ground they tend to stay on and near the AG fields instead. I still got one last year but had to travel out into the county land to find a few. It just ruins some of the fun since I love hunting them in the spring to cure the cabin fever and get out in the warm sun again:eek:

6 " of new wet sloppy stuff this morning. We'll give it a whirl in the morning. From what I've seen, the turks don't care about the snow.

I might still not completely sure yet. I've got my first day spot narrowed down to two. One I'm confident will have snow, the other one might but its supposed to be warm the next few days so that might take care of it.

Rain,snow and very strong winds this weekend for the youth season.Quess I'll wait to next year to try and take my daughter out.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back