Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

same with Nvidia.
The fish that got away.

Same. Why, why, why did I simply buy/sell that stock at $17??? I placed a few in the possible slot and contemplated NVDA though coulda, woulda, shoulda, but didn't.
Ugh mental slap simply thinking about Nividia.

Let's start with 2 big dogs. Social security and Medicare.
They aren't the reason for the current budget woes. In the years when SSA ran a surplus the Government borrowed it and replaced it with IOUs [Contrary to popular belief the Gov didn't take it, There is a rule/law that prevents Gov agencies like SSA from accumulating large amounts of cash]. They are paying interest on those IOUs and these higher rates aren't helping their cause. When receipts lag payouts like they are now then SSA calls in those IOUs so that full benefits can be paid. For those who don't know the 2034 date is when Uncle Sam will have paid back all of the IOUs that he's accumulated over the years. The smart thing to do would be to increase withholding percentages and income limits which would take some of the burden off of Uncle Sam.

Please point me to this law.
It may only be policy, but I recall reading quite some time ago about Gov agencies not being allowed to accumulate cash.

But here is the most obvious example.

"" By law, the Social Security Administration is required to invest all net cash surpluses -- i.e., excess revenue collected, minus program expenditures -- in special-issue bonds and, to a lesser extent, certificates of indebtedness. In essence, Social Security is loaning out its excess cash to the federal government in exchange for Treasury bonds that pay a set interest rate over a defined period of time.""

Other than the SSA or Treasury, I'm not sure how many agencies have large cash intakes.

It's a hard thing to search for since the search engines don't seem to understand what you are asking.

It may only be policy, but I recall reading quite some time ago about Gov agencies not being allowed to accumulate cash.
Maybe I misunderstood the statement. There is $2.8 Trillion in SS reserves. Admin expenses for that program are netted out of that. But you are probably correct in saying the FWS, for example, can't accumulate a lot of money. That is why if an agency is under budget for the year they buy a bunch of staplers or whatever.

Maybe I misunderstood the statement. There is $2.8 Trillion in SS reserves. Admin expenses for that program are netted out of that. But you are probably correct in saying the FWS, for example, can't accumulate a lot of money. That is why if an agency is under budget for the year they buy a bunch of staplers or whatever.
It's more like they can't accumulate receipts. But what agencies other than Treasury or SSA/Medicare take in large receipts on a regular basis? I think they try to avoid a situation where say the BLM is flush with cash while another agency may be strapped for cash. Anyways as I indicated earlier it seems to be a hard thing to search for.

It's more like they can't accumulate receipts. But what agencies other than Treasury or SSA/Medicare take in large receipts on a regular basis? I think they try to avoid a situation where say the BLM is flush with cash while another agency may be strapped for cash. Anyways as I indicated earlier it seems to be a hard thing to search for.
Yeah, not sure how the actual payments for salaries and stuff are done. I'm sure there are a lot of separate accounts, for safety reasons, and budgeting/audit reasons. There are probably like 5 people in the government that understand how the entire payment system works. LOL. Medicare and SS are supposed to be self-funding systems so they break the cash flows out and it is little less opaque.

I'm not sure where the top in this run is though. 100k? Seen too much in this business to say that is impossible.
If 100k is crazy, isn't 70k crazy as well? I'd say the meme stocks going up 50-100x or the NFT boom were a lot more wild than 100k bitcoin. And maybe bitcoin still goes away and dies. I don't know. I just feel like if that's the path it was going to take, it would have done so by now.

If 100k is crazy, isn't 70k crazy as well? I'd say the meme stocks going up 50-100x or the NFT boom were a lot more wild than 100k bitcoin. And maybe bitcoin still goes away and dies. I don't know. I just feel like if that's the path it was going to take, it would have done so by now.
Agree. it got to $70k because demand coming from the ETFs far exceeded the open supply. The demand can change daily, but any value on Bitcoin is "crazy" because it isn't tangible and has no legit use, and its value in $s is thought to be based on some set of rules that limits supply. Meme stocks are crazy but they are still ownership in actual companies. Gold at least is a real thing. Art might not have a "use" but is tangible. The same can be said of an NFT. Bitcoin, other Crypto currencies, and to a large extent all currencies are completely different. They only have value and utility if we all agree they have value and utility. But maybe that argument can be made of stocks too. It's all Fugazi.

Agree. it got to $70k because demand coming from the ETFs far exceeded the open supply. The demand can change daily, but any value on Bitcoin is "crazy" because it isn't tangible and has no legit use, and its value in $s is thought to be based on some set of rules that limits supply. Meme stocks are crazy but they are still ownership in actual companies. Gold at least is a real thing. Art might not have a "use" but is tangible. The same can be said of an NFT. Bitcoin, other Crypto currencies, and to a large extent all currencies are completely different. They only have value and utility if we all agree they have value and utility. But maybe that argument can be made of stocks too. It's all Fugazi.
Might get a ground floor crack at American owned tic tok shortly. If you are going to throw down your wad on 00 that would be my pick!

Here’s more unsolicited advice from not an investment advisor. Short or more conservatively long put that SPAC formerly known as DWAC. I got a real notion this will run hard south.

Here’s more unsolicited advice from not an investment advisor. Short or more conservatively long put that SPAC formerly known as DWAC. I got a real notion this will run hard south.
Looked at that yesterday. The June atm put cost $30 while the call is $12. The stock is only $6. Implied vol on put of 230% call is 150%. I have never seen skew like that. Market makers are daring you to touch this.

Looked at that yesterday. The June atm put cost $30 while the call is $12. The stock is only $6. Implied vol on put of 230% call is 150%. I have never seen skew like that. Market makers are daring you to touch this.
I know, right?! Just like my predicted TSLA fail, I have no skin in this game either. I did do a test short queue on day of announcement and CS could not borrow at that time. Maybe other brokerages could, though it would seem short volume was high at that time.

What's everybody's take on ibonds with the fixed rate at 1.3% through the end of the month?

My interest is in a place to long-term hold an emergency fund?

Back