MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Any one looking To Hunt black bear on pow

boat hunter

Hi I am new to the hole entenet thing kind fumbeled into this site
you all seem like a nice bunch a hunters .
anyway I live on prince of whales Island in alaska.
we have some awsome black bear and black tail hunting and great fishing.
I rent a hunting package : log cabin , 4x4 ,skiff and motor,crab pot and shrimp pots $700/week/person I also offer a charter on a 48 foot fishing vessel sleeps 4 besides me great way to hunt the more secluded parts of the Island .
if any of you are interested get a hold of me
Hollis bay cabins
[email protected]
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=279893344

BEAR ? Hunting ? tell me more Mi Amigo.. I trid clicking on your Webshots links and No go :(

sorry the link did not work I think it was because they where under private photos
I put them in the comunity photos try this link
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/controlPanel.fcgi
In the spring there is two main methods of hunting bear on the Island.
You are allowed to bait bear only in the spring witch is a great way to go for archary hunting and you can apply for a bait site through the mail.
the other method is beach hunting when the bear first come out of hybernation there main sorce of food is, the grass,crabs and clams along the beaches . you can hunt them from a skiff (small boat) by slowly cruising the shore line and spoting for them
when a bear is spoted you cruise on by and stalk your way back up the beach . There also very habit forming they'll come back out in the same area for severale days in a row.

that link get's me to the Control pannel but I don't know what to put in to get to your site ? try again ?

thanx for the Info. I've kicking aound a Bear hunt Idea for the Spring .....

Nice pictures.. 3rd times a Charm eh :)

Here's my Questions.

1. Whats the Odds of 4 guys coming up and Shooting 4 bear ? (Yes, I know you can't predict the weather, food or Bear sitings, but if you live there you should knowthe Odds roughly).

2. What all does the 700 clams cover ? Just the cabin ? Use of a boat ? the 4x4 the Crab traps ? or is everything extra.

3. What is the Best way to Fly there ? gonig to AK fromthe Lower 48. What city to fly into and how many Puddle jumpers.

4. How many people ahve stayed there and hunted. (I know some hunters don't hunt hard so that might not mean much, but it's a Indication of start.) Or is this your first year doing this ?

5. When is the Season and when is the Best time to come up.

6. Can we get ahold of some Maps with X's or what is there for someone to use ? Or is the Hunting straight from the Cabin.

7. Is ther ea LAw against humping a moose ?

OK.. OK... I think I know the LAst answer... but could you fill us in on the others :)

Yes I think there may be a law against # 7

#1 the ods of four guy geting for bears is Pretty good
Last spring we had four partys for bear
The first group of four only hunted four days shot and missed two bear and took one big bear around 7 ft
the second group of four took four bear in six days skulls 20 2/16" , 19 7/16", 20" and I'm not shur about the last one
third group of two was a father and son took one 7'2" bear there first day fished the rest of the time.
fourth was a husband and wife that come up every year she missed a couple he has taken several p&y bear wile staying at the cabin
If your a hard hunter you have almost a 100% chance

#2 The 700 clams includes the cabin,boat,4x4,shrimp and crab there is no extra charge for milage on the vehicle you pay for your gas and food
cabin is supplyed with cook were and blankets,pillows all you need to bring is your clothes and weapon of choice.

#3 you'll need to fly into Ketchican on alaska air it the only cariar in southeast alaska.
htp://www.alaskaair.com
From Ketchikan you can take a float plain takes about half an hour to hollis aprox 100 clams round trip 907-826-3845
Or the ferry takes 3 hours and costs aprox 60 round trip. I'll pick you up when you arive in hollis ether way

#4 I'v been renting this package to hunters four the last five years
we have never realy advertised it is mostly repeat customers we usualy have five or six partys a year for the month of may and sept.

#5 there are not many bears out before may and if you hunt very far into june there mostly rubbed I recumend if your thinking spring come sometime in may.
In the fall I whould recomend sept the hides are starting to fillout nice you dont have to worry about rubbs there is a lot more fish around and the deer hunting is good . in the fall you can hunt bolth dear and bear in the alpine In alaska you can use your bear tag for a dear and then get a nother tag for bear this way you only need oine tag to start with .

#6 I would be glad to send any of you some maps of the island and the area around The cabin I can show you the general area that most guy's hunt but state law prohibits me from geting to specifice sorry

Starting this year I am offering to sranstport hunters to the less hunted parts Of the Island you can stay on the boat and hunt from the big boat by skiff I charge 5000 clams for 6 days and 6 nights the boat sleeps a max of five besides myself this is not per person if you come by your self it's $5000 if theres five its $5000. This includes food, fuel, skiff every thing but you and your clothes and you can fish for halibut salmon and other bottom fish when your nor hunting . And I'll pick you up in Ketchican .
I Have 13 years of experiance as a commercial fisherman in southeast alaska
and am a licensed captain.

So... I can't Hump a Moose huh ? G-sus, I'm not allowed to in Idaho either ;)

Lemme kick this around for a Few days or a Week. I am thinking something this Spring but not sure What. I might be interested in coming up to Check it out then Next year Charter your Boat If it works out. I'm pretty sure there is At least 4 Shmucks around here that would go to AK with me.

You know the Old Saying, You get what you pay for. So don't take offence to me asking all these questions. And thanx for replying to each one. :D

Back