Any ex-smokers trained for an Elk hunt?

I say hunt with him and try to do it at his pace. I almost guaruntee there are people every bit as out of shape as your buddy that are successful in killing elk. I think a major part of a hunt like this is being able to enjoy it with good friends. I had a similar scenario last year. My uncle's feet started giving him problems, but I didn't just leave him and hunt by myself. I just slowed down, or we took half a day off. Just as much fun hearing his old hunting stories as climbing around looking for animals.

I say hunt with him and try to do it at his pace. I almost guaruntee there are people every bit as out of shape as your buddy that are successful in killing elk. I think a major part of a hunt like this is being able to enjoy it with good friends. I had a similar scenario last year. My uncle's feet started giving him problems, but I didn't just leave him and hunt by myself. I just slowed down, or we took half a day off. Just as much fun hearing his old hunting stories as climbing around looking for animals.

Very well said. First off congrats to him on quitting smoking, I gave it up a few years ago and it was the best decision of my life. You guys will be just fine, have fun and look forward to hearing the outcome.

Back