Yeti GOBOX Collection

Antelope Hunt

Doug in Idaho

I drew a tag here in my home state for antelope this year. We did a couple scouting trips during the summer with the horses and saw some good goats. Most were way up high, between 9K to 10K in elevation. That was okay as my goal was to shoot one and pack it out with the horses. I still don't know how to judge an antelope very well, but learned a lot over the summer and into the fall about them and what to look for. My plans changed a little as we got closer to the hunt as my 10 year old daughter showed interest in going opening day. I wanted to get one with her there if possible even if it wasn't one of the bigger ones we had seen earlier. On the second day of our trip we spotted this guy with a group where we could get to them pretty easy. He looked good enough for me. We both got to within 180 yards without them knowing we were there, and with her at my side took the shot. After the trip she said "antelope hunting sure is easy dad". No regrets on this trip.

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 983
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 984
  • IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 994
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 989
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 980
Nice goat! I took my then eight year old daughter on an antelope hunt in Wyoming last year. I didn't kill a big buck, but it was the best trophy I ever killed when she said it was worth the drive from New Mexico to Wyoming because she got to spend time with Daddy!

Very nice buck! Congrats!
Excellent daddy-daughter time!

How in the world did you ever pull that off without head-to-toe matching high dollar camo?

Congrats on a great buck and a great hunt with your daughter!

Great looking antelope, cool terrain, finding a sheep skull and your daughter enjoying the adventure with you - sounds like the perfect hunt, congrats!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back