another wyoming 10

oleefish2

A new ice fisherman and a 30.5 inch 10.7 lb walleye
SANY06601.jpg

That's great! Hooked for life no doubt. I love the grill in the background. Our fire dept. has one just like it that we cook a pig on each year for our county fair.

That's great! Hooked for life no doubt. I love the grill in the background. Our fire dept. has one just like it that we cook a pig on each year for our county fair.

This was the Boysen derby, and fishing was rewarding but so slow/spotty. We, 2 of us 24 hours a day and 3 day timers ended up with 10 walleyes and 7 ling.. Most the ling were iced during the day and they were 2.9lbs to 3.2lbs. The walleyes were caught from 4 pm to 8:00 am except 1 at 1:30 pm. We caught 4 of the walleyes in 30 minutes on the 29th. Our longest period without a bight was 12 hours. The except 1 was a nice 30.5 inch--10.7 lb fish caught by my friend, his personal best, cool . Me I could only catch 2 - 7's, 1 5, and 1 4 lbers. We also lost 1 trout in the hole that was maybe 2.5+lbs. We enjoyed ribeye's, Buffalo burgers and steaks, chili, burritos, grilled spuds, spinach and cilili-cheese dips with fresh veggies and pumpkin and blue berry pies with ice cream and whipped cream.. We did not suffer much

sounds like a hell of a good time for sure, I love the walleye's, can't really beat them for eating, not too fun too catch as they don't fight too much, a 2 lb. perch fights better and almost taste's better, I wish I could get into some good walleye fishing here in Idaho, all we have are sticking trout...... lol...... big one's though (steelhead)... and they taste ok....
Matt

We enjoyed ribeye's, Buffalo burgers and steaks, chili, burritos, grilled spuds, spinach and cilili-cheese dips with fresh veggies and pumpkin and blue berry pies with ice cream and whipped cream

That is about the only part of your trip that sounds remotely interesting. Ice fisherman are a different breed for sure.

Nice fish and the food sounds great. Got a smoker for christmas and already planning stuff to cook camping and hunting in it.

Nice fish and the food sounds great. Got a smoker for christmas and already planning stuff to cook camping and hunting in it.
It was a great time and the foods was great. We cook like that whenever we do anything. I just made a walleye chowder and am planning my Super bowl menu..

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back