Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Another MT Buck for training:)

thecrittergitter

Well, had a friend of mine out visiting this week and had a couple tags in his pocket. My son Braden has been begging to see something other than the does get slayed so we took him out looking for a whitetail buck. We got up to a little glassing knob overlooking a riverbottom and sat and watched the brush. Braden got to see lots of bucks in the spotter and just kept telling us we HAD to shoot one:) I feel sorry for all four legged animals when he gets old enough to pull the trigger.

Anyway, I spotted this buck come out just before shooting light ended and i noticed the split G2 on the one side. I told Brian that he was a nice one, not quite what i am looking for but he better take a look for himself to see if he would want to shoot. It took about a half second for him to decide and jumped from spotter to rifle and dialed the scope to the range. I watched in the spotter as the rifle barked and watched that deer do the pancake dance.

brian was excited as it is his nicest whitetail ever and braden was just loving it as he finally got to actually watch a nice buck get shot. He has been watching me pass on so many bucks, I think he was starting to think he would never get to see one die:):)

Attachments

• Braden and buck small.jpg
    Braden and buck small.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 454
  • Braden n buck small.jpg
    Braden n buck small.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 465
  • Brian buck 1 small.jpg
    Brian buck 1 small.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 449
  • Spotter small.jpg
    Spotter small.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 458
  • Brian Buck 2-small.jpg
    Brian Buck 2-small.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 447
Matt next time you say you're just going out to look for a doe I'm coming along. I'd gladly clean up a "scrap" buck like that. Great picts and your little guy is going to be a killer I can tell.

7mm Short Mag. Its my buddies rifle. It is a nightmare to pack around but a guy can bust milk jugs all day long at 1000 yards like its nothing:)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back