Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Another first MT black bear

7MAG

Went out after work on Thursday where I'd been running into a lot of bear sign and one biggie that I had to call a griz. This time I just went up by myself and got to a little meadow with a watering hole that I thought looked like a great place to find a bear and as I got there I didn't see anything. It was starting to rain pretty good so I stopped to throw on the rain jacket and looked up and low and behold a nice blackie boar came out of nowhere to play in the meadow. I took the shot and he wound up running into the middle of the watering hole to expire. I called up my brother Zach and Cabin Fever to get him out. At 3:00am we had him back to the truck.:)

Attachments

• IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_2885.JPG
    IMG_2885.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_2886.JPG
    IMG_2886.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_2888.JPG
    IMG_2888.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 495
Strike up the music, cue Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, Luther Vandross & Whitney Houston...that's what friends are for.:)

A couple more pics.

Attachments

• 0531122037.jpg
    0531122037.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 485
  • P1010228.JPG
    P1010228.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 484
Great bear congrat! How are the old shoulders boys?:D Tried hauling one like that one time. That was the last time too. Was he rubbed at all? Probably can't tell until he dries out. Good job.

Lawnboy- The shoulders are definately sore.. all part of the experience right ;) Fortunately he didn't look rubbed at all, so should make a nice rug

Nice work on the bear man. Jeez, it's painful to watch guys to silly things like that:):) Thats what mystery ranch crew cabs are for.........

LOL.

Good work on the bear and good work on the help.

Great bear congrat! How are the old shoulders boys?:D Tried hauling one like that one time. That was the last time too. Was he rubbed at all? Probably can't tell until he dries out. Good job.

Lawnboy,I will definable give you that that will be last time for that. The Crew Cab will play a much more vital role next time :). But it really was an awesome bear especially for his first. Congratulations to my brother for a great bear!

Nice bear! Holy cow, that's probably a painful way to haul one out. How far did you have to do that for? I would have changed plans after a hundred yards.

Congrats, Sam. A great bear. Like Greenhorn said, that looks like a lot of work to take on out like that. A+ for ingenuity and effort.

Nice bear! Holy cow, that's probably a painful way to haul one out. How far did you have to do that for? I would have changed plans after a hundred yards.

It was about a mile haul, so not too bad. It was soaking wet and most of it was pretty steep so we had a few crashes for sure, but we always came up laughing about who got hit in the head with the board or something or other. I don't think I'd take another one out like that unless it was about half that size though.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbonser94
Back