Alternatives to grill brushes

2rocky

I'm trying to get away from grill brushes on my bbq. After the number of times I've had bristles stick in my fingers, I don't want to chance swallowing one.

What do you use instead?

I bought a grill brush at ACE hardware that had something that was more or less a stainless steel chore boy on a long handle. Works great, better than wire brushes.

Char-Broil makes a good brush with hard plastic or nylon bristles. The bristle pad is also replaceable if you accidentally melt it or just wear it down. Been using it for years and still going strong and I grill quite a bit. Use on a cold grate tho. To prevent food sticking spray the grates down with a cooking spray. Makes cleanup easier and it seasons the grates.

Screenshot_20200610-063134_Chrome.jpg
I basically grill every evening for dinner. This has pleasantly surprised.

My Uncle has had major issues in his stomach and intestines from swallowing a bristle!

The wood paddle works well for me. I did not like the idea of the bristles anymore either.

Cut an onion in half and scrape away. You can do it by hand or stick a fork in it if the grill is to hot.

My wife is an endoscopy nurse and has been involved in the removal of grill brush bristles from throats and guts.

I just scrape the top of the grates with a wooden spatula, the rest is just seasoning IMO.

Back