Alone

Callie tapped out! Never saw THAT coming. Especially after she caught the fish and showed the mushrooms and greens she had. The rest of the folks would have loved to had HALF of her food! It may not go a lot longer. Those remaining are really hurting for food and the weather is turning colder pretty quickly. I think they are into it 72 days now?

Am I crazy or is the dude with the bow trying to shoot a pig with a judo point? Probably not going to get much penetration with that...if he can get it strung.

Missed what he had for a tip, caught part of him TRYING to string it. Was busy texting our youngest girl who wants to take ME to a concert for a change!

Man bun....That is a deal breaker anywhere but the Premier Soccer League...

Last edited:
Missed what he had for a tip, caught part of him TRYING to string it. Was busy texting our youngest girl who wants to take ME to a concert for a change!

Careful Dave, this sounds like one of you is going to end up embarrassed in some way. Ha! Seriously though thats pretty cool you two are close like that.

As far as alone, I'm with tarheel on Carliegh or however she spells it. Mentally and physically she seems to be in the best position. If she could just get a little protein I think she'd win for sure.

I hope that terrible rabid fox doesn't attack Megan inthe middle of the night and bite her out of meanness. You know how thise foxes get.

Not a problem. I may have created a monster with her! I took her to see Ted Nugent years back when she was pretty young yet and had seats up about 10 rows from the stage. She got hooked, and we've gone to quite a few more of some pretty big name shows. I'm talking about old school classic and metal bands. Not what the normal 25 year old girl would listen to. Kiss, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Motley Crue, etc. Now she's going all over to concerts. She wants to take me to see one we went to about 8 years ago or so, and says she's wanted to go to again. Plus, maybe try to repay me for the ones I took her to. Going to see Iron Maiden 3 days before Father's Day, and we have tickets for the pit right up front. Yeah, I'm pretty excited!

At first I kind of looked past Carliegh, but she does seem to be pretty calm and focused so far. You KNOW she can handle the cold coming from Alaska! Again, I think food will quickly become what separates the field.

Callie disappointed me. I thought since she had made it past the spider bites and caught a fish it might inspire her to gut it out but was not to be.

The guy with the bow is in danger of doing himself a mischief if he doesn't get some food soon; his reserves are pretty much depleted. He must not be much of an archer if he couldn't figure out another method of stringing his bow. Probably just as well he didn't get it strung, for at 65lbs. he'd have played hell drawing it far enough to have done more than p--s off a pig, and then there's the judo points as previously mentioned.

I have this feeling that the fox lady might win it; just a gut feeling.

Not a problem. I may have created a monster with her! I took her to see Ted Nugent years back when she was pretty young yet and had seats up about 10 rows from the stage. She got hooked, and we've gone to quite a few more of some pretty big name shows. I'm talking about old school classic and metal bands. Not what the normal 25 year old girl would listen to. Kiss, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Motley Crue, etc. Now she's going all over to concerts. She wants to take me to see one we went to about 8 years ago or so, and says she's wanted to go to again. Plus, maybe try to repay me for the ones I took her to. Going to see Iron Maiden 3 days before Father's Day, and we have tickets for the pit right up front. Yeah, I'm pretty excited!

At first I kind of looked past Carliegh, but she does seem to be pretty calm and focused so far. You KNOW she can handle the cold coming from Alaska! Again, I think food will quickly become what separates the field.

I don't want to take this thread completely off topic so I'll just say that's pretty darn cool! Hope y'all have a blast.

The editing of this episode, showing a boat on the lake for a presumed retrieval, and showing it was day 73 (?) which was a jump of two weeks forward, and then flashing back to the ethereal snow was masterfully done. You knew someone was leaving in this episode, and then they showed how it could have been any one of the remaining primitivists.

Skinny Dave will win this thing, in an upset. We were sure Callie was going the distance. She seemed so even keeled mentally.

After my first two choices dropped out I haven't gotten caught up. Kind of impressed if we got 5 going into month three. I'll watch the rest this weekend. I don't like how choppy the show has become, not really able to connect with any of the stories.

The guy with the bow is in danger of doing himself a mischief if he doesn't get some food soon; his reserves are pretty much depleted. He must not be much of an archer if he couldn't figure out another method of stringing his bow. Probably just as well he didn't get it strung, for at 65lbs. he'd have played hell drawing it far enough to have done more than p--s off a pig, and then there's the judo points as previously mentioned.

I have this feeling that the fox lady might win it; just a gut feeling.

I agree although I was thinking starvation may be effecting his problem solving skills.
I think they are selecting clips to fool viewers, then surprise them.

After my first two choices dropped out I haven't gotten caught up. Kind of impressed if we got 5 going into month three. I'll watch the rest this weekend. I don't like how choppy the show has become, not really able to connect with any of the stories.

I agree whole heartedly about the choppiness. I think its because they have so much footage to compile now. You were able to get really involved the first season but now its hard. Maybe with fewer people it will dive deeper into their personal stories.

I really thought Callie was going to win this season. If Dave will start eating some of the fish he has saved up he will win. Right now I am rooting for Zach but i think he is missing his family and is not long for the show.

Just watched my tape of this weeks show. Stupid Dave should have eaten SOME of those fish! Now he's gone. 3 left.

It's really up in the air for me. I still think Carliegh, but Megan catching those fish sure helped. Fowler was one of my picks at the beginning along with Greg. I just think he's at the end of his rope. It sure was hard to watch Dave. He didn't even look like himself. I wonder how long it will take him to recover or if there is any permanent damage.

I would bet Dave has problems for quite some time. It's super dangerous to be in the shape he was in. I have no clue why he wouldn't eat any of that fish...

Maybe he has a hoarding mentality? Something in his mind that is wired to keep all that fish.

Maybe he has a hoarding mentality? Something in his mind that is wired to keep all that fish.

He was not right in the head towards the end. It's good they pulled him before irreversible damage was done. It could have been pushed for his removal by the length of time the show was running.

I am really excited they won. I guess I won't mention the name in case someone has it recorded. I really thought they were going to flame out half way through but I guess the strategy worked.

I think if I ever went this would be my strategy. I would half way make a tarp shelter and immediately start building and setting traps and fishing lines. I think the contestants get so tired so quick they don't have the energy or mental capacity to do much trapping. Then I would work on a modest but efficient shelter. Then it would be a matter of checking traps and occupying time. I guess its all easier said than done though

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back