All dressed up !!!

Why is it that I'm picturing Pepe Le Pew chasing that cat Penelope? Just don't let this happen. Good luck catching that sexy feline.
pepe.jpg

Man yer tearing me up. I'm up here in the breaks with fresh snow on the ground, and all the neighbors talking about the big tom that was seen by about everybody but me locally during elk season. I got to wait about 2 more weeks to be an official resident. Ahhg!! But that 19 dollar license beats the crap out of dropping 320 for the non-res. I hope to take my frustration out on some coyotes in the meantime. Hope you get a big one. I am counting on full photo documentation. Hope you're gonna eat the varmint too. Lotsa people say lion is the very best eating of all game. twodot

Can you say SMOKER !!!!!!!!! BOOOYAH BABY !!!!

Alright, I'll get some pics and story up soon. But I didn't kill it... unfortunately for me :( ..... but fortunately for O-Town, I le him shoot it. I had a Devil on one shoulder and a Angle on the other.... The dang Angle won and I gave the gun to my son..... Dang kids :p

OK..... So the Story. I don't have more pictures yet but my buddy has them and I'll get them next week. Bare with me on the crappy phone ones I took.

Last night was boyz night out and usually I get home at 2AM but got home at 1AM. Had a crying daughter then a 4 year old to take care of so it might as well been2AM or later *sigh* so 3:15AM came early but we headed out and were looking for tracks. After 4 hours of driving roads and no tracks we took the dogs and Started hiking. When we got in about a mile we cut a day old track.

We had 2 trained dogs and 1 out for the first time so we kept it on a leash. The 2 dogs took a bit following it to get a good sent then the race was on. We chased it a half mile up hill and realised they went over so we climbed back out and circled the mountain and started the long hike back in.

After a bit of walking ..... mile or so, we heard the dogs. After about another hour of hiking we got close enough to see the cat jump out of the tree and run again. We caught up with it and it was there to stay !!!! Well, untill Oscar shot it and I climbed up and pushed it out of the tree.

I tried all I could to get it out whole but I was exhausted and we ended up skinning it out eventually.

ANyways, I need to get better pics but here's a couple to start :

22532_1232259698617_1592898151_612480_7546391_n.jpg

22532_1232264098727_1592898151_612496_6915842_n.jpg

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go O-town! I know everyone was pumped when they first saw the cat, how big was that Kitty? Looking forward to more pictures. John

When I climbed the tree to kick it out, I took a picture of my boy on the ground from the Cat's point of view :

22532_1232262738693_1592898151_612493_4260384_n.jpg

Oscar\\

Big-O,

You are a heck of a dad. Congrats that is awesome. I've never even seen one in the wild yet. I would love to get one.

Too cool !! Way to go Oscar. {both of you} Looks like a lot of fun was had, and old dad still gets to go huntin some more.

cool deal, glad the angel won out, he'll remember it for a long time..maybe some day, he'll even take you out when you're an old geezer

Very cool. Congrats Big O and O-Town. I know it was an easy decision for you to let Little O shoot that cat.

Congrats again. Very neat story.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drouht
Back