MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Alberta big horn

huntin

Hey everyone i'm new to the forum but love the fact it has a Sheep section so here is My first Bighorn ram shot in Alberta on a DIY hunt. It took me 11 years of hunting to kill my first one
first pic is my wife and my huntin partner

me and my wife

Me and the ram

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Congrats ! That's a fat, cold-climate Bighorn. Awesome hunting partner !

Lovely ram, coat and horns look superb...well done, a big achievement after 11 years on the hill i am sure.

Look forward to more stories from your part of the world.

Fantastic. Did you see rams on prior hunts but they lacked legal horn length?

I should have mentioned more in the story I got this ram on Oct. 17/ 2012 before him I had never shot my own but been on 2 successful hunts. blown many stalks even spooked rams into other hunters who got lucky and killed them.

Incredible Ram! Congrats and welcome.

That rifle looks like it has some stories it could tell. ;)

Congratulations on a great looking trophy! I know very little about sheep, never seen color like that before, is this a sheep species where they're all that color or just one cool unique ram?

Congratulations on a great looking trophy! I know very little about sheep, never seen color like that before, is this a sheep species where they're all that color or just one cool unique ram?

Dark chocolate are fairly rare but this is the same species as the bighorn rams in Colorado, Utah , Wyoming

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the forum..

here is a ram we were on this fall but he managed an escape.

Mrs. Huntin lined up on the ram but the cliffs he was bedded in were to ugly.. let him go

Camp one tired boy

Well done. After my mountain goat hunt on the Continental Divide, takes a lot of vertical to be "steep" now. What I hate is the rotten rock that crumbles while you are working up the steep stuff. Better safe than sorry in that sheer stuff since a mistake can ruin everyone's day.

Back