Airplane Ride Bozeman, MT area

buckykm1

My friend and I are going to be in the Bozeman - Ennis, MT area for 2 weeks starting The week of October 20th. We would like to find someone with a small plane to fly us over our hunting area for 1 to 2 hours to give us a better feel for it. sometime between the 22nd and the 24th.
I found a Helicopter that would, but $600.00 a hour is out of my price range, we would go as high as $200.00 a hour.
If you know anyone interested in taking us up?. please let me know.

Thanks
Kevin

FAA regs require that it be a commercial for hire operation unless you get a private pilot to fly you for "gas money", but in that situation there can be no conversation concerning a charge. You and a friend might be able to find an instructor pilot who would take you up for a prolonged "introductory flying lesson", if you know what I mean.

As a pilot I would tell you to go hang around the local small airport FBO for s little while. The price of fuel is high so finding someone to take you for a ride and "share gas expense" should be easy.

That is kind of what I was thinking, I would just like to find someone local with a small plane that likes to fly, and buy his gas and give him some beer money.

Ya, I know around here, I could go to one of the small airports and get a ride easy. being 1600 miles away I was hoping to get a lead on someone on here.

Kevin

Last edited:
Do it. Most private pilots are just looking for a reason to fly. And for them to do it for next to nothing is even better

You might try getting a hold of the RMEF Vigilante chapter. A guy in the ennis area donates a plane ride to this chapter, and I'm pretty sure he gives quite a few rides to hunters in the Madison valley. Wish I could give you a name, but it might be a good place to start.

I would call Doug Chapman, 406.581.3278, a friend of mine.

He is a charter pilot who operates out of the Bozeman area, and does the kind of thing you are looking for. I've flown with him and would definitely recommend him.

Actually, reading a bit more carefully, he may be a little higher priced than you are looking for since he is a legitimate charter pilot. Still, if you want a for sure deal you can schedule it could be worth the call.

Be careful who you pick to fly you. Just because they may be a pilot doesn't mean they are a proficient mountain pilot. And I would not go up in a C172....

Back