Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Aiming a bow

TC prohunter

When aiming my PSE Rally I look in the peep site am I supposed to see all 3 pins or just 1

All three, depending on your peep size you should be able to see your entire sight.

I had some issues with my sight in that my 20 yard pin was smack dab in the middle of my sight, limiting all my other pins below it.

I got it to where it "worked", but one trip to the archery shop for an analysis and it was discovered I was anchoring too high. He cut my draw length by "0.5" and gave me a kisser button for further reference and I was able to adjust my sight ring to see all pins and have them evenly spread throughout.

Bottom line, go to a professional and have them take a look for you as you may need an adjustment to your bow, draw and or anchor.

This is what I see depending on where my focus point is.

00small49641186.JPG

yep pro shop and maybe some lessons that will be well worth the money. Crummy and inconsistent fundamentals in shooting form or proper fit to your bow will only yield disappointment and frustration.

There are many sizes of peep sights available. Use very small for target practice and always big (better light transmission at dawn/dusk) for hunting situation.

Zachs posting shows it well. The two circles likely will not line up perfectly with each other, you just need to center them. As you get going, remember your form. Get your grip right and get consistent anchor points. For anchors I use three; tip of nose and corner of mouth lightly touching string with my index knuckle right behind my earlobe. Without consistent anchors you will not get accuracy. Once I have anchor points and can draw and go right to them; I draw the bow, close my eyes, and anchor with them closed. Once I feel I am ready to shoot, I open my eyes. If I have to move my head up or down to see thru the peep, I move the peep up or down. The peep is in the right spot when you open your eyes and can see right down the peep without moving from your anchors. While doing this your sight means nothing, pretend it is not even there. Just focus on getting your peep in the right spot. If you have to move left or right to see thru the peep, that is you and your torque ing the bow or pushing to hard on the string. When sighting in, use the coarse adjustments to set your first pin. Once that's set, you set your following pins within the head. Your windage will be set more with your 40 pin so don't be to concerned about it with your first, just get it close to start. As you sight in, remember to chase your arrow. If your hitting high, your pin needs to go up. Hitting left, move your sight left.

Back