after all these years- bird hits the dirt

elkfarmer

well after a successfull opening day with my 12 yr old son killing his first turkey and first kill, a jake. it finally happened. I went out yesterday morning and was set up well before daylight. At 5:30 I let out a few cuts and got a response right away. He gobbled a couple of times but mostly yelped in the tree. As it got lighter I could see him in the tree about 75 yrds away. At 6:05 i had birds on the ground yelping all around me. About every 5-10 min. I would let out a few cuts. At 6:20 he flew right to me. After a few steps I saw the beard and let him have it. After ## years (to many to say out loud) I have my first bird. Just over a 7" beard. My son will always have bragging rights over me though. Here are some pics of our birds.

Attachments

• t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 113
  • st1.jpg
    st1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 111
Well done elkfarmer! Congrats on the fine looking birds. It sounds like whatever you were doing worked in your favor.

Thanks everyone.

1 pointer, That yankee hat will forever, as long as it last be part of my turkey hunting gear. Like I said, I have never killed a turkey until yesterday. And this year I was wearing that hat during bothe. So, the hat is off the hook and into the vest till next year. LOL---superstitions. I am all for them

elkfarmer, maybe you should let the Yankee's borrow it.....they could use some luck here latley. ;) (HA,HA,HA) man they suck this year....well they always suck, but this year they really suck! Saying "they suck" is an insult to teams that suck.(HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA)

congrats again on the dbl kill.

Your sons turkey looks like it was killed in thicker area then your turkey but concrats to both of you !!!! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back