Africa 2005

Bambistew

Sure is slow around here...

Here's a few pictures that I uploaded recently from my trip 2 years ago... Sitting here thinking about how much fun its going to be to go back next May. :)

A few of these I might have posted before the trophy room here bombed out.

This was in Mupungabwe NP We're in South Africa Looking into both Botswana (upper left) and Zimbabwe (upper right).

IvanLeah074.jpg

Another picture from the park. Stairs to the kings terrace.

IvanLeah071.jpg

For the sign "lovers"...

nomonekypoop.jpg

kuducrossing.jpg

Highway construction workers hard at "work"... They about chit when I snapped a picture of them laying down on the job. :D

africa2005190.jpg

A few pictures of small towns along the way. Pretty sure I saw a couple fellow Hunttalkers coming out of the FAG store when we drove by .

africa2005229.jpg

africa2005354.jpg

smallminingtown.jpg

Sweet pics! I'm thinking I need to convince the wife of a trip like that.

PS- Are you wearing flip-flops??? That's be 15pts taken off your "Man Card" ;)

I sponsored that Fag store. I figured with you going to africa i would make alot of moneythere ;)

Nice pictures !!!! Love um'. !!!!! I like seeing the "other" stuff on a trip. Makes the story much better. It's great to see a nice animal in the picture too, don't get me wrong... but a Fag store and a Hung Squirl you can't beat !!!! ;)

I'm assuming you're going there to hunt, right? Hope you get a good one, whatever it is.

Well if you were talkin at me, of course I'm going to hunt!

The menu includes Kudu, Gemsbok, impala, black wildebeest, and maybe a couple more!

I think Bambi killed a few things on his hunt also.

Yep, killed a couple critters. ;) ID where/who are you going to hunt with?

The next trip will be mainly to find a big nyala, and maybe upgrade my warthog and impala a little.

Here's a pic of my kudu, and a gold star to anyone that can identify whats in the second picture.

africa2005110.jpg

africa2005010.jpg

Elephant hide?

Nice Kudu. That will work for me.

I am hunting RSA with Ntshonalonga Safaris. I am a little ignorant of all the details as my hunting partner won this hunt at a banquet and I bought the companion hunt WAAAYY cheap, so we really didn't get a chance to do much research about it.

However, given the price, we think its a great introduction to the "Dark Continent".

Yep, elephant cape actually, the shnoz is on the lower right part of the picture going out of frame, the shovel is lying on an ear. I missed out getting to tag along on the hunt by 12 hrs.

That was the second biggest kudu to come off their ranch in nearly 20 years. The next biggest was a 1/2" longer, but didn't have as much mass. None of the Ph's had seen that bull before, they figured he came in from one of the adjacent parks. he was in pretty rough shape...

I think there is a story of the hunt posted on here somewhere.

This one ?

nomonekypoop.jpg

I think it's a rat pelt.... ;)

And the guy is pointing to a Monkey Flinging POO. Some counties in Africa don't allow that !!!

The guy with the funny hat was one of the trackers. He'd wear that thing when it would be 80-85 degree's out. Then again they all wore down jackets in the morning when it was 60 out too.

The guy that shot the elephant, has a friend that offered to pay for a 'shoulder mount' if he killed one.

Back