Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Advice On Places To See In San Fransisco?

genesis273

I have a conference to go to in San Jose, Ca the first week of February. Being relatively close to San Fransisco, my wife and I are planning on spending some time there sight seeing. No doubt we'll see the bridge and Alcatraz, but does anyone have anywhere else to check out while we're there or places to eat that aren't too expensive but a must go to?

I have a conference to go to in San Jose, Ca the first week of February. Being relatively close to San Fransisco, my wife and I are planning on spending some time there sight seeing. No doubt we'll see the bridge and Alcatraz, but does anyone have anywhere else to check out while we're there or places to eat that aren't too expensive but a must go to?

I know you already said it, but book a trip to Alcatraz for sure. The audio tour is so well done, I enjoy taking friends and family and listening to it again each time.

Check out Swan’s Oyster Depot for lunch, it’s worth the line. It’s nothing too fancy, but it is just an amazing lunch with a heaping pile of Dungeness crab.

North Beach is a cool place to check out, A16 is a good, reasonably priced dinner. If you’re off towards the Mission check out Delfina.

The Ferry Building is always worth a walkthough, all sorts of awesome food stuff.

If you are interested in spending some time down in the San Jose area, checking out some of the wineries in the Santa Cruz Mountains is a fun trip. Pretty laid back and not as “touristy” as traditional wine country like Napa and Sonoma can be. I can give you some recommendations if you’re interested.

A trip over the hill from San Jose to Santa Cruz is highly recommended as well.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back