Yeti GOBOX Collection

Adirondack Mtns (NY) public land whitetail

sammy1129

I shot this big 8pt (should have been a 9 but one of the brow tines is under an inch after being broken off) up in the Adirondack Mtns (NY) on November 7th 2010.

Attachments

• 2010_8pt.pdf
    134.2 KB · Views: 251
Looks a little crunchy. Congrats on the buck and welcome to the forum.

We do deer drives, so we get in about 4 hunts a day covering about 10-15 miles a weekend. We were 1.5 miles back where I shot him and he dressed out at 195lbs so it was a "fun" drag out.

No blinds, no tree stands...

Last edited:
Yup, it was asked above about the blind.

Thanks guys!

My name is Dave, my dogs name is Sammy (my default username on a lot of things)

Yep, I was curious if Dave used a blind or not - looking at all those leaves, I was thinking the strategy was probably A) doing a drive and/or B) sitting in a blind. :D I remember doing drives in crunchy conditions back in Oregon in the thick stuff. ;)

Thanks guys...

The good thing about the "crunchy" stuff is you can hear them coming! LOL

With the amount of walking that we do (up and down various mountains) any extra weight is just not fun. So, we just find spots when on watch that will give us some good cover.

Great buck Dave and welcome aboard. My ignorance to hunting back there, are you requried to bring them out whole?

Thanks... I'm not sure but it's the way that we've always done it.

I just picked up the mount last night, now I'm already thinking about this fall and wondering if I'll be adding to my mounts.

Back