A special Turkey Permit...

FLIPPER

After applying for 4 years...I finally drew a tag in one of the best wildlife managed areas!!! hump :D

Our state wide season opens March 28 this year...but with the tag I drew, I will get to start on the 27th.

This area is about 3000 acres and only 50 permits per year are given. I drew the first hunt and including myself there will only be 10 of us there.

They have 5 hunts with 10 permits on each hunt.

Always good to draw a coveted tag, best of luck!

Looking forward to the story and pics in a few weeks...........

Way to go Flip!!! Whack a biggun and post us pics!
I hate States with a draw for turkles!!! I can kill five in TN, bounce 30 miles across Bama line and kill 5 more and then go to MO to buddy hunt and take two....all OTC....not that I kill that many....I just "cud"....

How did it go? Weather has been nasty here and it looks like there! Hope you got a break in the weather....I am thinking about passing opening here tomorrow as it's supposed to be even worse....30 years ago I wud go in the rain, now I leave the field when it starts! Damn "roads" on Club lease on Flattop Mtn are a quagmire!

Friday was great...weather was ok till about 10:30...then it started pouring down rain.

I set up in the edge of a field just before daylight. Had 3 gobblers on the roost...but they hung up in the woods and refused to come into the field. I had several hens come through and check my decoys out.

They gobbled until 9:30...then all was quiet.

Today weather is very nasty!!! I will return in the morning and try to connect.And this time I will be in the woods.

DAMN!
Finally went this morning on FlatTop Mtn lease....muddy as hell on roads. Thought maybe they would be cranked up since it was nice for first day since season open....saw one lone hen, heard nuttin! Dog Woods are not blooming yet and Red Buds haven't peaked on the Mtn so it may be a few more days...

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back