MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

a question for bear hunters?

SageGhost

if i am going to bait when do i start baiting before the season opens...i know about the permit and baiting season just wondering how long should i bait before i go after a bear?

SG, I dont start baiting till season opens. I have a established bait site so I usually wait a couple weeks. The bear usually start hitting the bait the strongest after about 3 weeks. I dont hunt it till then because this gives the bigger bears time to come into it. I put my grease down on the ground so the bears walk away and leave scent for me as well as having the scent from the grease I spread in the trees.
Moosie had a great thread from last year he posted on baiting with alot of great responses on it also.
It also looks like your from Idaho so baiting can not be put out till season opens.

In Idaho, if you put out any bait before the season opens you're asking for trouble beacuse that's not allowed. I hope (snow allowing) to have a good site picked and my stand up, everything ready, so all I have to do is dump bait on opening day.

Greg

Not only is it Illegal, It's a Waste of time. I don't know Anybody that get's hit's on their bait sites the first week or two of the Bear season. Bears are still coming out of hybernation and taking awhile to be real active.

Although.. with the weather so hot this early who knows what this year will bring ???!!?

Let me get this straight. This is about bear hunting, right, and even bear hunting in the area I live qualifies for comment, right? :D :D :D :D

10-bears....... Please stop Drinking. If that comment had something to do with the Sportsmans Page, Leave it there. the rest of us that Actually have somethnig to post don't get it.

Ahhh see, Now I'll have to go look. Thats what Sucks about dragging info From One post to another post. The rest of us don't get it and Think you're hitting the bottle .

Ten, You hunting bears this year ?

Just got a new digital trail camera. I hope to get outand do some baiting this spring, but I probably wont make it until fall (for killing anyways).

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back