Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

A Novel Idea

Yet another vote for CJ Box, especially the Joe Picket series. Keith McCafferty’s Sean Stranahan mysteries set in Montana is also very good. Of course, anything by Tom McGuane, like Outside Chance and Ninety Two in the Shade.

My dad had a Louis Lamour collection - brown and leather bound on his bookshelf. Maybe a hundred of them.I read every single one when I was younger and liked them so much I named my first son Conagher.

Have a large collection of LAMOUR paperbacks.If you're ever down Az.
way stop by I'll lend you a few.Also 4 series of Johnstone paperbacks.

I'd like a novel where Nate Romanowski, Jack Reacher, Joe Mack, Dave Robicheaux, Bobby Lee Swagger, and the Sacketts team up to save Joe Pickett.

Last edited:
If you still have any audible credits you can get "The Complete Stories of Sherlock Holmes" for a single credit which is a lot of bang for your buck. That's 4 novels and I especially like the 60 or so short stories. I like being able to knock out a whole story in a single sitting or a single car ride.

Lamour and J. Johnstone put out great books as well as series.
Sacketts all the way.
Smoke Jensen series books are a great read!(Johnstone)

The Smoke series is great. I'm more fond of the Preacher series though, although the Smoke books with Preacher in them are fantastic as well!

greatest novel I've ever read was Sometimes a Great Notion by Ken Kesey. Based in a SW Oregon logging town. Just a story about characters in life. Consistently makes the top whatever list of greatest american novels and is required reading in many high schools.

I will second "The Complete Stories of Sherlock Holmes"... my favorite is A Study in Scarlet. Also second on Clive Cussler, especially his older works the new ones are missing the depth and research that really made them good.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back